Dearborn Tours during my trucks production

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if Ford will let you tour their factory to see your actual vehicle being built? I see they have a 'standard' tour but would really love to see mine being built and since I can fly free thought I would head up there if it's an option.

Anyone?

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is a safety and liability issue if you aren't an employee I am sure.

I am sure... Just would love to see it at a few stages in the build even if it's from a far. Would love a more personal tour of the line vs. the cookie cutter 'watch a movie and see the line' tours offered to the public. Even if I could see it roll off the line it would be worth the trip up.

Truck-in-Muck

Reaction score
Chevrolet lets you do this with your Corvette.
So, I asked my dealer this same question.
FWIW, he said Ford doesn't allow it.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chevrolet lets you do this with your Corvette.
So, I asked my dealer this same question.
FWIW, he said Ford doesn't allow it.

Yea the museum delivery R8C package is $990.00 and then you wont get charged destination. Its a no brainer of youre near Bowling Green KY but otherwise you still need to drive it or ship it from there. Theres an engine build experience option too if youre going Z06...

Id consider it if Ford offered it.

Any perks on people fortunate to get the GT?

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not an option to the general public. Your best bet would be if you knew someone who works at Ford and could let you in as a visitor. Ford does have an awesome museum in Dearborn though, if you get a chance to go over there. It's called The Henry Ford.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, if you were that one reporter (?) like the guy w/ the Gen 1 from a couple years back, you could probably pull that off...it was posted on here, FWIW.

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Ford will let you tour their factory to see your actual vehicle being built? I see they have a 'standard' tour but would really love to see mine being built and since I can fly free thought I would head up there if it's an option.

Anyone?

That would be great ,too bad it can't be done.
I got to see my truck being unloaded from the carrier and I feel lucky for that.