GEN 2 Dealers Selling @ MSRP or Lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxemus

Reaction score
I have bought two raptors both 2500 under MSRP but I've had to wait until after the first adopters pay crazy money for theirs.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought two raptors both 2500 under MSRP but I've had to wait until after the first adopters pay crazy money for theirs.

What time of the year is the question? If you're waiting after the first deliveries (6 months), your truck will just depreciate that much more when it drives off the lot. Becomes somewhat of a wash, same as why manufacturer incentives for regular vehicles increase as the year goes on.

maxemus

Reaction score
What time of the year is the question? If you're waiting after the first deliveries (6 months), your truck will just depreciate that much more when it drives off the lot. Becomes somewhat of a wash, same as why manufacturer incentives for regular vehicles increase as the year goes on.

Not true. Both my trucks sold well at resale. So you're saying had I paid 5k more for the privilege of getting one sooner that i would have received more at the back end ? Makes no sense or am I not understanding you? If a guy wants to pay to be an early adopter for kicks that's another thing but it hardly ever makes sense. Case in point, when the Ford GT came out in 2005 I watched as early adopters paid almost twice the retail price for the first ones. I wanted one bad so I waited a few months until they started going down to the price point I could afford. For me paying over sticker at that point became a wash for that particular car because of the collectability of the model. Today it's worth more than I paid so I'm way ahead but these cases don't always happen to work out. Now I'm buying a new Ford GT thankfully at MSRP so no matter what I will always be ahead.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true. Both my trucks sold well at resale. So you're saying had I paid 5k more for the privilege of getting one sooner that i would have received more at the back end ? Makes no sense or am I not understanding you? If a guy wants to pay to be an early adopter for kicks that's another thing but it hardly ever makes sense. Case in point, when the Ford GT came out in 2005 I watched as early adopters paid almost twice the retail price for the first ones. I wanted one bad so I waited a few months until they started going down to the price point I could afford. For me paying over sticker at that point became a wash for that particular car because of the collectability of the model. Today it's worth more than I paid so I'm way ahead but these cases don't always happen to work out. Now I'm buying a new Ford GT thankfully at MSRP so no matter what I will always be ahead.

Not referring to resale at all, resale will be identical. For instance, let's say a raptor devalues 5k per year (making numbers up), if you receive the truck 6 months before the other guy but paid $2500 more it is essentially a wash. Rarely does anyone ever care if it was an early or late delivery at resale, I look at the small premium as the price to pay for driving it that much longer. Hope this makes sense.

loboloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In March, I custom ordered a 2017 Ford Raptor, but unlike almost all other Ford dealers, Eide Ford did not mark up the vehicle above MSRP and offered me top dollar for my trade-in. The Ford Raptors are usually marked up anywhere between $5,000-$20,000 over MSRP, depending on which part of the country you live in. The other local Ford dealership offered me a Raptor for $10,000 over MSRP. At Eide Ford I paid $400 below sticker price.

My new truck finally arrived at Eide last Wednesday. Unfortunately, my trade-in vehicle was still at a local body shop having some hail damage repaired and wasn't going to be ready for a few more days. I was "bummed" knowing that my new truck had finally arrived, yet I would only be able to look at it for a few more days.

To my surprise, the manager told me to just take it home with me and come back to finalize the deal once my trade-in was out of the shop. I was stunned and I am forever grateful to the folks at Eide. All I was asked to do was get the vehicle insured and I was handed the keys.

I know of no other dealership that would go to this length of customer satisfaction. Although, I have bought two previous vehicles from Eide, I have not exclusively bought from them over the past 6 years. I once switched brands briefly, before returning to Ford, and the last Ford truck I purchased I bought from the competition. It was a momentary lack of judgement and in retrospect, I regretted it.

I can say without reservation that Eide Ford is the best dealership I have ever done business with. Their service goes beyond what can be reasonably expected and every time I think that they could not get any better, they manage to raise the bar again. My sales person, Dana Schmoker (701-269-0161) was exceptional, as were the GSM and the rest of the sales team. As long as I remain in ND or nearby, I will never deal with another Ford dealership, except Eide Ford. They are second to none. I love my new Raptor.

thinkrevolutionx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to order a 2018 at MSRP in the North East if anyone can make any recommendations.