Dealer in TX says can't sell truck to CA because of emissions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VetteFish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I called to get some numbers on a gen 2 raptor. The dealer in TX said the ones they had are not CA emissions approved and therefore cannot sell to me. I find it extremely hard to believe that some raptors are CA approved and some aren't. Can anyone shed some light on this? Maybe it's because I asked if they are selling at MSRP and they said yes. Now they don't want to. LOL.

Last edited:

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
find another dealer. I bought my from Raptor from TX, shipping to CA. FYI - All 2017/18 Raptors are California emissions certified regardless which state it's in... they're all exactly the same.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i've read that they are exactly the same, but I would hesitate to buy from a dealer that didn't know that. I just placed my order for a 2018 from Oklahoma and it came with a california emissions package to make things easier.

OP
OP
V

VetteFish

Reaction score
yeah i've read that they are exactly the same, but I would hesitate to buy from a dealer that didn't know that. I just placed my order for a 2018 from Oklahoma and it came with a california emissions package to make things easier.

Yes, definitely not going back to them. Very bizarre.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you need us to smuggle you an after market exhaust or any other aftermarket part cause they all illegal there. just let us know. :ROFLJest:

#raptorsmuggler

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - if you're ordering 2018. You can ask the dealer to do a courtesy "drop-ship" it to you your local CA Ford dealer. The CA dealer will register the truck and license it for you so you don't even have to go to DMV or pay for shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VetteFish

Reaction score
I've purchased vehicles out of state without issue before. Just needed confirmation I wasn't going crazy.