Dealer stock order versus customer order on a 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer placed a "stock" order with priority code 01 for a 2017 two days before I called him. He said the order had already been pulled and that he couldn't change his allocation to a customer order in the way I wanted. His order was close enough except the color and a couple other things, so I decided to take it and put a deposit down.

As I wait for this truck, my question is - do "stock" orders take much much longer than customer orders to get built? I know the average wait is 8-10 weeks from when the order is pulled by Ford (my friend who ordered from the same dealer ordered on 1/16 and is getting his truck on 3/23). In general, do stock orders take longer than that?

Anyone know from experience?

spesrf25

Reaction score
From what I've read, a stock order with a priority 1 should be pulled much quicker than most. I can't recall which forum I saw it on, but found it through google. I think it was a Ford Enthusiast forum that had an extremely comprehensive explanation on the Ford ordering process.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't apply the 8 to 10 week average to the Raptor. I ordered mine in September and later found out the dealer put it in as a stock order. I received mine in January. No C/F or upgraded wheels. Trying to figure out when your order will get pulled depends on so many variables with this truck it is not worth the headache. Hopefully yours will get pulled soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7GenTex

Reaction score
Priority

Your dealer can't assign a 01 priority code on an order. Ten (10) is as low as the dealer can go.

Only the Regional Ford rep can assign lower than 10, which may have happened, but unlikely for a "stock" order.