Is dealer ******** me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered Nov 15th Dealer said I was the 5th of his 5 allotments.

I got the vehicle order confirmation from dealer that day. (order type - 1, priority - 10 .... whatever that means)

But I havent recieved anything else that would show that Ford actually pulled or accepted the order.

Does this seem normal? Or was dealer just filling orders he didnt have allotment for?

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I need a DORA, but does it normally take a month or so to get one after ordering?

Dealer told me I was getting his last allotment.

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I need a DORA, but does it normally take a month or so to get one after ordering?

Dealer told me I was getting his last allotment.

Dealerships are not required to provide you a DORA, I never got one. As long as you have an order # and dealer #, all you can do is keep checking with Ford Service and Ford Performance to check on the status. This by no means, means you actually received one of their allocations, there is no way of knowing that, or at least I don't know how to find that. Going a month with no information is about par for how this whole thing is going. My order was pulled in about a month after submission, yet there are guys out there with orders from July that haven't gotten scheduled yet. Sit back and enjoy the frustration like the rest of us, a lot of unknowns with this truck and how this process works.

Last edited:

Mesozoic

Reaction score
Are there any unsold GEN 2's on dealer lots anywhere? Maybe backouts?
Yeah, I'm a noob. Shoot me. :biggrin:

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 10/12, allocation 3 of 5, and my order is confirmed but not scheduled yet. I have no DORA .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nick731

Reaction score
I ordered 10/7, allocation 3 of 6 and I also still only have confirmation, not dora. But ford service etc can confirm the order exists for you so that might give at least some peice of mind.