Crunch time: Gotta decide...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selo

Reaction score
within 48 hrs or so whether or not to take the unit I ordered:
Silver SCREW with orange highlight interior. 802a, cast wheels, no graphics. I saw it today, super nice.
Will be able to test drive before deciding Thursday.
Realistically, I should give up my 14 GT500 to make this happen.
Concerned about novelty wearing off if not taking it off-road much, and poor gas mileage.
Also concerned will miss three pedal action of Shelby.
What's the projected ability to re-sell a truck in near-perfect condition in 6 months if I'm not loving it? At the risk of sounding like a *****, never owned a pick-up before so just don't know if I'll love it.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will love it. It's a whole nother animal. You can't go wrong a Raptor. In six months you'll be hooked good and won't be disappointed. You will miss your GT that's a given, but the Raptor will fill that void nicely.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver SCREW with orange highlight interior. 802a, cast wheels, no graphics. I saw it today, super nice.
Concerned about novelty wearing off if not taking it off-road much, and poor gas mileage.
What's the projected ability to re-sell a truck in near-perfect condition in 6 months if I'm not loving it? At the risk of sounding like a *****, never owned a pick-up before so just don't know if I'll love it.

I gave up my Hellcat for one and am happy it's just a more all around useful vehicle with tons of room. Gas Mileage??? I can get 21mpg on highway and average 15-16 in the city if easy. Your GT500 better than that?

OP
OP
S

selo

Reaction score
I gave up my Hellcat for one and am happy it's just a more all around useful vehicle with tons of room. Gas Mileage??? I can get 21mpg on highway and average 15-16 in the city if easy. Your GT500 better than that?

I'm averaging about 17 in the Shelby, with 3.55s. Mainly weekend cruises with some high speed runs and some pretty hard accels. The thing is, with the Shelby, if I go out for some cruising and only average 14 mpg for an afternoon, it's purposeful. I just exercised 662 hp and had some cheap thrills, in one of the baddest ass American V8s ever built.
With the Raptor, if I just drive to Home Depot to pick up some crap that I could have put in the trunk of a sedan or hybrid, and I get 12 mpg, I know i'll be like WTF, why am I driving this? I mean, if I'm going to get really ****** mileage, I want to have fun doing it - some gravel roads, some desert runs, something cool.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

You sound like a ***** for trying to debate on backing out... [emoji6] get the damn truck you'll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
Why not both? -mexican music-

But nah, in 6 months you should have no problem selling it for exactly what you bought it for. May take a hit though if you pay well over msrp, also sales tax will add up.

OP
OP
S

selo

Reaction score
Looking forward to driving tomorrow, and being able to judge the brake feel and suspension feel for myself.
The idea of a spongy brake scares me, as I actually have dreams about pressing the brake pedal while driving, and the pedal hitting the floor with nothing happening..... Never had a car with spongy brakes, but it doesn't sound very reassuring.

D

Deleted member 12951

Buy an older GT500. I got one last summer, so have both to drive. I've been driving a truck as my DD since the 1980's though.