Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rowdy350

Reaction score
My cruise is acting more like an ON/OFF switch. I set the cruise and holds the speed but when it decelerates it just dumps the throttle. It actually feels like you bump the brakes or the cruise turned off. I have tried it in regular cruise and adaptive settings. In adaptive I tried all 3 (settings). I pulled the Pedal Commander out thinking that was the issue. Now I'm thinking it might be in my 5 STAR Tune. Its set on 91. I thought I would ask before I pulled the tune and retested. Anyone else fighting this?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Throttle sensitivity will make the cruise control more... abrupt.

let’s compare notes - I have electronic cruise on my ZX14 Kaw. I can ride to the track, run a low 10 second quarter mile at 145+ --with 3 hard bags attached-- (they’re Givis) and ride home. the unit on my bike is designed for a car and it does hold good steady speed, but even when it’s rolling on the throttle it’s something you have to be cognizant of. I’ve messed with sensitivity and set it to medium. Low is really sluggish though.

On the Rap, I have a pedal commander and the only thing I have noticed is the accelerate function can get away from me. I have no tune, and otherwise I think the cruise is awesome.

If you didn’t test before the tune, you should pull the tune and retest to see if that’s the source of your consternation.