Crash protection removed from Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkgreyf150

Reaction score
Crash bars?

Does anybody know if these gen 2's have crash bars like the normal f150s? I did a search and had trouble finding if this has been discussed. I have a 2015 platinum and had to get rid of them to fit 37" tires. I would rather not go through that again.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting if they don't. They got into hot water for not including them on the super cabs.

OP
OP
D

dkgreyf150

Reaction score
That is interesting, but great news for guys that want to run 37's or a more aggressive offset wheel.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the beefy lower A arm is performing the same function in a crash as the outrigger?

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read elsewhere that the IIHS doesn't crash test high performance models. Ford surely knows that which would be why they felt O.K. removing it.

The only reason I can think of to remove it other than cost is because you could see it with the open bumper.

Personally I'd rather have a safer truck.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read elsewhere that the IIHS doesn't crash test high performance models. Ford surely knows that which would be why they felt O.K. removing it.

The only reason I can think of to remove it other than cost is because you could see it with the open bumper.

Personally I'd rather have a safer truck.

It either has to fit 37's or it definitely earns the Jen 2 title :supergay:

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 37's, just cut them off. No big deal.

If it were something obvious I'd be cool with it - you'd know what you're buying. But deleting a hidden safety feature is ******. Especially to remove part of the frame when they claim to be beefing it up everywhere. And the only reason is so they can point out the shocks for the press. Everyone who buys the truck is going to put lights in the bumper cut outs anyway so who cares if there's a piece of steel behind it?

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, the piece they took off was an outrigger that would deflect an impact away from the wheel. Without it, the wheel gets shoved into the footwell. It's pretty nasty if you look at the crash tests of the trucks without it.