GEN 2 Cracked Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 Ford Raptor 802a, got a cracked windshield!! Is Safelite Glass a good choice for windshield replacement or should I try my Ford dealer. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never used either Safelight or the dealer and I'm on my third replacement windshield. There are auto glass companies all over the place. See if you can review their customer satisfaction scores.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you replace the windshield on 802A with camera and lane assist you need to have the camera recalibrated. I believe Safelite is the best choice.

With my 2015 Platinum I had it replaced by another company then had to take it to Ford for recalibration.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you replace the windshield on 802A with camera and lane assist you need to have the camera recalibrated. I believe Safelite is the best choice.

With my 2015 Platinum I had it replaced by another company then had to take it to Ford for recalibration.

I had to buy a new windshield with only 1000 miles on my truck.

I went to my local mom and pop windsheild shop and got a new one installed in 30 minutes for $350.

I have an 802A and no lane keep recalibration was done and it was not needed... still works perfectly 2000 miles later.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to buy a new windshield with only 1000 miles on my truck.

I went to my local mom and pop windsheild shop and got a new one installed in 30 minutes for $350.

I have an 802A and no lane keep recalibration was done and it was not needed... still works perfectly 2000 miles later.

I am glad yours was good because mine never worked right after, I traded for the raptor shortly after so never got it fully fixed.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had quite a bit of experience with Safelite for both repair and replacement. I'd recommend them. The only bad experience I had with them was on my 03 Supercrew had what started out to be a small chip repair. The guy put a wet rag on the windshield that was real hot and the whole thing broke. They had to go get a windshield and he ended up breaking my rearview mirror also. They put a brand new one on and all ended well.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky??

What was yours doing wrong?

The lane assist would steer to the left and just keep going, and when it goes to the right it starts correcting sooner then before. Basically I think they didn’t calibrate it correctly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know about where you live, but my wife got a windshield cracked from a rock strike. We called safelight and they had something like a 3 --MONTH-- waiting list for an appointment.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know about where you live, but my wife got a windshield cracked from a rock strike. We called safelight and they had something like a 3 --MONTH-- waiting list for an appointment.

What city and state has a 3 month wait on windshields? Somewhere in CA?