Couple questions on my 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your questions have been answered, so I have nothing constructive to offer.

However, I would like to try and get in your head and understand the thought process behind hating the start-stop so much.

Every time I drive my dad's '17, I have no problems with start-stop.
I barely notice it turns off, it's fired back up before my foot is on the accelerator, and I can appreciate the fuel savings.

What is there to not like about it?

be glad you dont have ocd :). the auto start/stop for us that do have ocd is like being forced to sit still for 5 hours. just hate it. not sure how anyone could not notice imo

Last edited:

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop/start is the worst feature on the truck. If I want to drive a vehicle with it, then I'll get in my golf cart.

Disable it. You will not regret it!

Agree. Disable it with jumper and move on. No warranty implications of tune that way.

I am curious to see a video on '18 jumper, as I am not sure wire colors are same as '17 as switch has moved from dedicated ASS switch on right to center in '18 and is now combined with another switch in center.