Cooled seats not turning on??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbsis

Reaction score
Anyone have a similar issue.

When I remote start the truck I cant get the cooled seats to turn on even if all the temperature parameters are met.

I made sure seats are turned to auto under the vehicle settings menu.

When I get in the already running truck the climate control is working as designed and when I press the starter button I can toggle the cooled seats as normal.

Any ideas?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you search the general discussion forum you’ll find a previous thread discussing the weak seat cooling. You can notice it if you’re wearing only t shirt, etc, or are drenched with sweat. It’s there, or should be.

I noticed my Rap fires up and uses a fan setting of ~ 3 or 4? If I shut down in high heat, as soon as I hit start the blower increases dramatically. Maybe it’s on, but not pushing much air.

DANACO

Reaction score
You 100% sure on that?

No, he's not. They are cooled, it's called a TED system, it's done electronically and its rather complicated. It can heat as well. Unfortunately the cooled seat versions starting with the 15' model year are not nearly as effective as the previous cooled seat years. My 13' was great, my 15' not so much. Much consternation regarding this in the 150 world but Ford has essentially ignored the complaints of the community. They did have a TSB on the system but did little to improve them.
Go to the F-150 forum and you'll find probably hundreds of thread pages on this specific subject.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, he's not. They are cooled, it's called a TED system, it's done electronically and its rather complicated. It can heat as well. Unfortunately the cooled seat versions starting with the 15' model year are not nearly as effective as the previous cooled seat years. My 13' was great, my 15' not so much. Much consternation regarding this in the 150 world but Ford has essentially ignored the complaints of the community. They did have a TSB on the system but did little to improve them.
Go to the F-150 forum and you'll find probably hundreds of thread pages on this specific subject.

My truck has been back to the dealer twice for this and they are currently waiting on parts. The Ford tech told me this. So please dont speak for me...
I'm told it blows the conditioned air thats in the cabin, through the seats

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seats work great, better than my 2013. I have a late 2017 model. I set my settings to last used setting and had the Ac max and the seats to max. I thought this meant last setting on every shutdown but I think it means last save the setting they are currently at because every time I turn the truck on with auto start the seats are cool.

DANACO

Reaction score
My truck has been back to the dealer twice for this and they are currently waiting on parts. The Ford tech told me this. So please dont speak for me...
I'm told it blows the conditioned air thats in the cabin, through the seats

It does not use the conditioned air from the cabin. Search TED in the F-150 forum, lots of info there on this.