Considering a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb raptor

Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post. Considering a Ford Raptor for my next truck. Coming from 20 years (!) of GM ownership since my last Ford which was a 94 Reg Cab long bed stick lol so if I proeceed, my new Ford will be a little different from the last one haha.

So shock no.1 for the newbie is that the '18s are still pricey and hard to find. (the non Raptor savvy person would assume that after being out for a full year they'd be readily available). Not so! So I see the raptorfinder website (fantastic) . That does show some similar to what I would build. So if I proceed, I'd buy credits in that site for sure. My questions are;

If I don't find one at or below msrp that is close enough, and I decided to order instead, how long will it take to get a truck built? Do dealers even have '18 build allocations left? And would I be more or less likely to get msrp ordering a build than buying off a lot? I don't need the BL at this time which seems to hold builds up a bit?

I'm leaning towards 802a SCREW Oxford white WITHOUT the orange accent. Does it still come with the grey accent on the seats? I don't mind/like that accent. The grey one. Need to see it in person.

And finally, but a long shot. If anyone is in Plano Texas willing to give me a ride (not asking to drive) your 17/18 Raptor I'm buying lunch or gas money. You can pick me up at my house so you know I'm not some random dude. I've not ridden in one and the local dealer only has one new one for 10k over msrp I'm not sure he's willing to take me out in it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Hi Guys, first post. Considering a Ford Raptor for my next truck. Coming from 20 years (!) of GM ownership since my last Ford which was a 94 Reg Cab long bed stick lol so if I proeceed, my new Ford will be a little different from the last one haha.

So shock no.1 for the newbie is that the '18s are still pricey and hard to find. (the non Raptor savvy person would assume that after being out for a full year they'd be readily available). Not so! So I see the raptorfinder website (fantastic) . That does show some similar to what I would build. So if I proceed, I'd buy credits in that site for sure. My questions are;

If I don't find one at or below msrp that is close enough, and I decided to order instead, how long will it take to get a truck built? Do dealers even have '18 build allocations left? And would I be more or less likely to get msrp ordering a build than buying off a lot? I don't need the BL at this time which seems to hold builds up a bit?

I'm leaning towards 802a SCREW Oxford white WITHOUT the orange accent. Does it still come with the grey accent on the seats? I don't mind/like that accent. The grey one. Need to see it in person.

And finally, but a long shot. If anyone is in Plano Texas willing to give me a ride (not asking to drive) your 17/18 Raptor I'm buying lunch or gas money. You can pick me up at my house so you know I'm not some random dude. I've not ridden in one and the local dealer only has one new one for 10k over msrp I'm not sure he's willing to take me out in it.

Go test drive one. I went to McDavid Ford (Fort Worth) and test drove a SCAB last night. Lol they had the truck stored inside the dealership, so they had to move it outside where I could test drive it. No one had drove it, so the battery was dead from people opening and closing the doors. Once the battery was charged, I drove the truck over 30 miles on the highway.

Furthermore, they had a $25,000 market adjustable fee on top of MSRP. After negotiating with them for an hour and half, the market adjustable fee was dropped and they agreed to sell it to me at MSRP. You have to play hard ball with the dealership. I owned three Gen 1's and never paid over MSRP. I was not about to start. From what I was told at the dealership, I was the first person at that dealership to get a MSRP deal on a Gen 2. Whether that is true or not, I do not know. In short, I ended up deciding that ordering one from the factory is the best option for me. I want BL, orange accents, and CF. I do not want graphics or a sunroof. If you are interested in a SCAB, I would get in touch with McDavid Ford because they are looking to move the truck.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you wasted a lot of your own time and the dealerships time to get a price you wanted on a vehicle you didn’t.

PhilZx6

Reaction score
Yes the seats come with grey accents if you don't get the orange accent package. I ordered my truck September 9th and have a build date of December 4th. Check out the 2018 orders thread it seems to vary with each person. Some get theirs in a little over a month or 2 months while other people like me have been waiting a few months.