Concerns regarding the 10 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4,800 miles and no issues.....the transmission sucks IMO but that's a whole other topic and the rest of the truck is so good it makes up for it.....knowing what I know now I would still buy the truck in a heartbeat....

Last edited:

Lumber

Reaction score
10000 on mine with no issues. I drive in sport mode 100% of the time tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2500 miles, no issues.
I think this transmission does a lot more "learning" than any other vehicle I've driven. It definitely felt a little rough and jerky the first few hundred miles, and than smoothed out quite a bit. I've had other transmissions that learned a little, but this one really seemed to come into its own.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankly, the truck has exceeded all the high expectations I had for it and I look forward to driving it whenever I have time. The transmission is different - it has 10 gears and shifts happen quickly up and down - but, once it finishes its learning cycle, its pretty damn impressive piece of engineering. My three previous ecoboost v-6 vehicles (all platinums) never came close to providing the driving enjoyment this one does.

Ditto - The 3.5L collection:
- 12' F150 Lariat SCREW loaded
- 12' Linclon MKT
- 13' F150 Platinum Screw
- 14' Lincoln MKT
- 16' F150 Platinum Screw
- 17' Raptor loaded

6.2 L 14' Raptor

The 17' is so much fun to drive. Almost 1000 miles on it, but on road have yet to drive a better truck...hopefully get to take it off road in a few weeks and compare to my 14' Raptor.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have noticed on short abrupt stops - it seems that the truck downshifts very hard and almost lurches when stopping... kindof unnerving...

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
i have noticed on short abrupt stops - it seems that the truck downshifts very hard and almost lurches when stopping... kindof unnerving...

Mine has done this too a few times in normal mode. Doesn't bother me tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk