Concerns regarding the 10 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally just rolled 8,303 miles on the drive home from work today. No issues *knock on wood* with mine!

Mine was an early build date (10/23/16) and I took delivery on 12/21/16. I do a mix of highway/city, and Normal/Sport mode.

So for what it's worth I think the 10-Speed has held up great for the first 8,303 miles!

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3390 miles on mine and about 1000 of those are all off road, dirt roads , sand and mud pits in South Carolina. No issues! It does have to learn how you drive and you have to realize that it's 10 gears, not 6, or 8. If you did not know everyone who has a Gen2 Raptor also spent a lot of money to buy our trucks also. To me if you are worried about the truck that bad maybe you should spend your money on something you fill more safe about, just saying, if it caused you to start this thread and worrie, maybe the gen 2 Raptor is not for you. Myself I got mine for MSRP, bought it sight unseen, and never drove one or seen one in person. No Regrets!!! This is one bad as Truck!

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little over 5k and no issues to speak of. I love the aggressive shifting in sport, and the way it holds higher RPM longer and my wife loves the ultra smith shifting in normal. Something for everyone. And yes the dream truck I bought for myself was confiscated by my wife 2 days after purchase.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly under 5k miles, no issues to report, the tranny shifts surprisingly well. I am coming from a 6sp manual so not having to shift means I can keep one hand on my latte.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree - low number of reports. However, my SCAB has been stuck pre-delivery at a Buffalo dealership for more than 5 weeks for a transmission issue. Management says it needs a part - the good news is that he is projecting this week. How would mine be singled out en-route from Dearborn?!

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 4000 on mine and no issues. Enjoy driving it and of course the technology packages are really nice.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I agree - low number of reports. However, my SCAB has been stuck pre-delivery at a Buffalo dealership for more than 5 weeks for a transmission issue. Management says it needs a part - the good news is that he is projecting this week. How would mine be singled out en-route from Dearborn?!

Probably got missed in the initial hold up early December, ’16, or has an affected part they have identified that is defective.