The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weight: 700 lbs. was said to be shaved off from the previous years. But the Gen 2 is only 500 lbs. lighter. 200 lbs. was reallocated to other parts of the vehicle such as the new frame and new skid plates for better capabilities. Estimated curb weight is 5,600 - 5,800 lbs.

no more 3TONFUN

BorderDawg

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new member, 1st post! Great write up, thanks. One question, I noticed you said headlights will be HIDs with LED surround. Any idea why these won't have the LED headlamps? Thanks

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new member, 1st post! Great write up, thanks. One question, I noticed you said headlights will be HIDs with LED surround. Any idea why these won't have the LED headlamps? Thanks

Glad you found the post useful. And sorry, as I was nearing the end of this list, my mind faded a little bit. I wrote LED for the surrounds and meant to write it for the headlamp as well, but was thinking HID so ended up accidentally writing that. It's been amended. Thanks for catching that.

SurferRI

Reaction score
Glad you found the post useful. And sorry, as I was nearing the end of this list, my mind faded a little bit. I wrote LED for the surrounds and meant to write it for the headlamp as well, but was thinking HID so ended up accidentally writing that. It's been amended. Thanks for catching that.

This is a great post, thanks for taking the time to help everyone out. Answers a few of my questions!

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was at the mint 400 and they had a 2017 supercab there. They actually started it when i was standing there. I could barely hear it running. Doesn't mean much, just thought i would share.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One more thing, if we're nitpicking. The 2015 F-150s have My Ford Touch for the infotainment set up. The 2016+ F-150s will have the updated Sync 3.

Also, has anyone checked under side mirrors of the trucks and looked for cameras for the "bird's eye view" when parking/reversing?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If someone get's up close to one, I'd be interested if it truly does have 'true dual exhaust' as well. That would be super cool if it does.....