Collision alert activation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punishr

Reaction score
Hey first post. I've had my truck for awhile (January) and have lurked around the raptor websites reading up on it, but never had anything relevant enough to ask/say until now. '18 super crew, 802a, about 4500 miles or so. On average, 2 or 3 times a week depending on how many miles I drive, the collision alert goes off for no obvious reason. Clear road ahead, no obstacles, no hills or arcs.. No harm done but as of yet, but straight startles the ghost outta me. I have a '17 V-series Cadillac with essentially the exact same heads up display/vibration alert system, but I can't recall any false alerts... Everytime the cadillac goes nuts I'm legit about the drive through someone. Anyone else have this issue? Is it the same sensor as the cruise control hold? Is it possible for like a bug strike to set it off? Thanks in advance.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have the same system and have never had it go off for no reason, maybe the sensitivity is too high I put mine on the lowest. When I drive down the mountain and people use the turnout in front of me it will get confused but still a target infront of the truck.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is 6 months old and it has never warned without reason, you want the dealer to check that out.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same used to happen on mine until I changed the sensitivity settings. Used to go over for shadows, cross walk paintings, tall grass, and thick lane lines.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine slammed on the brakes on a recent trip to AZ from Ca when I was alongside a truck with extended tow mirrors (no car in front of me). I turned the sensitivity to the highest setting for that trip and turned it all the way back after. Haven't had an issue since.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine slammed on the brakes on a recent trip to AZ from Ca when I was alongside a truck with extended tow mirrors (no car in front of me). I turned the sensitivity to the highest setting for that trip and turned it all the way back after. Haven't had an issue since.

Well, something else is seriously wrong with your truck, as the collision warning system charges the brakes, but does not apply them.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adaptive Cruise control works the brakes. Were red lights on the dash glowing

fuhrius

Reaction score
Well, something else is seriously wrong with your truck, as the collision warning system charges the brakes, but does not apply them.

I think you're right that it won't engage the brakes, but mine has done some dramatic engine braking.