Chevy has a better bed Material

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will buy one and install on my '18 to match my carbon fiber interior......NOT!!!!!!! Interesting they are considering it though.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How will they use it and keep cost down? Anyone know what the estimated cost of a full carbon or partial bed would cost?

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see weight shaved off of the front end of the truck...

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah. We've heard these stories before from GM. They're lucky to be in business. It looks like the square wheel wells are still around. Yuk...

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Metallurgy and materials science are, at the risk of being redundant, sciences. There's no magic metal, no magic material. The best a designer can do to design for performance is to select the best material for the application, and "best" is subject to real discussion. But the designers don't have the last say these days. The EPA, the marketeers, and other non-design, non-engineer exterior influences drive materials decisions away from the optimum. So you get plastic gears where aluminum would be more durable, composite oil pans that leak, aluminum truck beds, etc. Good for the consumer? No. Good for the company? No. Compliant with government mandates established by people who couldn't design a gum wrapper? Yeah, you betcha.

Two Dogs

Reaction score
Metallurgy and materials science are, at the risk of being redundant, sciences. There's no magic metal, no magic material. The best a designer can do to design for performance is to select the best material for the application, and "best" is subject to real discussion. But the designers don't have the last say these days. The EPA, the marketeers, and other non-design, non-engineer exterior influences drive materials decisions away from the optimum. So you get plastic gears where aluminum would be more durable, composite oil pans that leak, aluminum truck beds, etc. Good for the consumer? No. Good for the company? No. Compliant with government mandates established by people who couldn't design a gum wrapper? Yeah, you betcha.

What are you saying man? Mine is military grade aluminum. :ROFLJest: