Checking the oil and working on Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedemon

Reaction score
Just wondering what people are using to gain access to check oil and work on there engines. I'm not the tallest person at 5'9" and this truck is pretty tall.
My 86 f150 4x4 I had made a metal step to go over the wheel. It doesn't fit new truck and being retired I have no way to make another one. I have seen fold down tag brackets but don't want to go that route.
I have found the opening in the bumper will work as a step but not for maintenance.
So what you got?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Just wondering what people are using to gain access to check oil and work on there engines. I'm not the tallest person at 5'9" and this truck is pretty tall.

My 86 f150 4x4 I had made a metal step to go over the wheel. It doesn't fit new truck and being retired I have no way to make another one. I have seen fold down tag brackets but don't want to go that route.

I have found the opening in the bumper will work as a step but not for maintenance.

So what you got?

I'm 6-3 and still need to use a 3 step step stool. Works like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5'6" here. I stand on the tire. I also have a small ladder in the garage if need more balance/leverage to stand on.