Check Brake System Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m driving on the interstate going 75MPH on adaptive cruise control and out if no where I get a “check brake system” warning on the dash. I pull over, restart the truck and began to drive again. Then it happened again about ten minutes later. Brakes seem to be working fine and everything seems normal otherwise. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Attachments

• 564FCD42-9049-4B2B-8F2E-D480AD3C3E10.jpg
    564FCD42-9049-4B2B-8F2E-D480AD3C3E10.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m driving on the interstate going 75MPH on adaptive cruise control and out if no where I get a “check brake system” warning on the dash. I pull over, restart the truck and began to drive again. Then it happened again about ten minutes later. Brakes seem to be working fine and everything seems normal otherwise. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Mine does the same. I have figured out it is only when I use cruise control at 65-70 mph plus. I am going to replicate it before next service and take to dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Qnardacci

Reaction score
Try pulling the battery cable off for 10 seconds.
Control Alt delete the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Happened to me in the first week of ownership. It was an easy fix:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/2018-check-brake-system-56814/