Cheap noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just want more induction noise take these off the hard intake pipes and it makes the turbo louder. They are just sound deadening foam wrapped over the hard charge pipes right before the turbo.

These and the turbo silencers removed from a stock intake are about as loud as an injen intake I just drove. Maybe louder.

Obviously zero performance gain. But cutting 4 zip ties and you can hear some intake roar for free. For the record i have a bunch of fullrace stuff on order.

Attachments

• 20180314_153651.jpg
    20180314_153651.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 287

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you just want more induction noise take these off the hard intake pipes and it makes the turbo louder. They are just sound deadening foam wrapped over the hard charge pipes right before the turbo.

These and the turbo silencers removed from a stock intake are about as loud as an injen intake I just drove. Maybe louder.

Obviously zero performance gain. But cutting 4 zip ties and you can hear some intake roar for free. For the record i have a bunch of fullrace stuff on order.

i think stuff like this is much better on a semi brand new platform.

aftermarket is sweet, but the forum members need to build a good list of shit about this truck for ourselves and not just the pocket book.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
i think stuff like this is much better on a semi brand new platform.

aftermarket is sweet, but the forum members need to build a good list of shit about this truck for ourselves and not just the pocket book.

Yep, one of the fun things about coming to a forum is finding all the free and cheap mods. We had a whole thread devoted to that over in the G1 section. The G2 guys should build up something similar.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a giant ricer, I shall look into this today.

I'm pretty anti rice and posted this anyway. The foam just silences the intake roar as the air exits the turbos into the hard charge pipes. This and some downpipes and the truck actually makes a little noise now under full boost.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we sure this is not for thermal insulation or is it truly just sound deadening?

its the same material used on toyotas and subarus for sound deadening. Theres thermal insulation used elsewhere and its a much different material so im confident its just for sound deadening. Its also in a location that makes perfect sense for quieting the intake noise and not really a hot area. Its also only on the TOP of the pipe and not underneath where the heat would be coming from if it was for thermal reasons. Im pretty confident about this one. Its a noticeable roar increase so i can see why an OEM would add it.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Great tip... this would be a good route to go before a CAI.

Peyton

Reaction score
How did you access them to remove? I looked today and couldn’t even see them. I can barely see the turbo.