Changing Audio Preset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading someone was frustrated with having to navigate the Sync screen to get to the presets screen for AM/FM/Sirius etc.

While there isn't a way to change presets from the steering wheel, the "Media" button below the screen is a shortcut button. Pressing it scrolls through presets. I stumbled on this today.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks, that was me. I’ll give it a try.

OP
OP
K

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. It isnt as convenient as using a steering wheel button. But better than using the screen.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
“Myth confirmed, Jamie!”

I tested this today and it worked just like you indicated. What I noticed in the F150 user manual is that there’s a media button on the steering wheel in at least some models. I guess the 802A replaces that button with the voice prompt button. I did try briefly playing with voice commands but I wasn’t able to make any headway in the short time I was messing with it.

Media cycled through all my sources, including bluetooth / iPhone, which sucked, if I’m honest. it was skipping and not playing steady.