GEN 2 Changed oil truck won’t start...?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you back up and running?

Nope at the dealer, not getting power to the fuel pump. Ordering parts....

I was asked what the heat shield wires were and how the lights are wired....explained that they are wired to the upfitter switches and the stock locations and that those are factory options on the raptor.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I was asked what the heat shield wires were and how the lights are wired....explained that they are wired to the upfitter switches and the stock locations and that those are factory options on the raptor.......

My dealer questioned my lights and dash cams as well. They didn’t try to blame any of the wiring though I think they were just trying to get as much info as possible.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer questioned my lights and dash cams as well. They didn’t try to blame any of the wiring though I think they were just trying to get as much info as possible.

I don’t blame them for asking, all my stuff is tidy and perfect and they see those other wires that are not used and heat shield on the ends might raise a concern but that’s factory.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, make sure they have checked the fuel pump relay AND the crash sensor for the fuel pump. If it gets bumped fairly hard it will trip as in a collision and turn off the fuel pump relay. Right now I can't tell you where the crash sensor for the fuel pump is located, but they is certainly one somewhere.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

My 17 takes 6 qts.is 18 different?

No, 6 qts for the 18 as well.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, make sure they have checked the fuel pump relay AND the crash sensor for the fuel pump. If it gets bumped fairly hard it will trip as in a collision and turn off the fuel pump relay. Right now I can't tell you where the crash sensor for the fuel pump is located, but they is certainly one somewhere.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

No, 6 qts for the 18 as well.

This is exactly what I believe it is by the service dept. description. If it is the truck would have positively left me stranded off-road.

Waiting on parts.....

Yes it is 6 quarts I didn’t get to finish the service as the truck would not run. No fuel.