GEN 2 Changed oil truck won’t start...?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 27 fuse is the fuse for the start circuit. Start with that if everything works except a running engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks I’ll check that now

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so it starts and then dies right away....wtf

And Ford has the absolute worst diagram and fuse location indication I have ever seen!

Last edited:

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah, oil pressure gauge shows where it usually does. 5 quarts came out so filled it with 5 quarts and went to start it to warm it up and check oil level and it sputtered then shut off.

Super odd guess the dealer will have to come pick it up if I can’t find the issue. Has a 1/4 tank of gas so should be getting fuel but that’s how it’s acting like it’s starved for fuel makes no sense.

Not that this is your problem but the truck takes 6 qts of oil.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that this is your problem but the truck takes 6 qts of oil.

Yes I realize that and generally I only put in what I take out before start up, then start and let it warm for a bit and top it off and go for a ride let cool and check level again. I’m super **** I know but it’s always worked for me and I intended to add the additional quart.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

How much fuel is in your tank?

Only had a quarter of a tank so I added an additional 4 gallons from my gas can and it’s between 1/4 and half now.

Only thing I can thick is the fuel shut off for accident was activated....makes no sense calling dealer now to have them send a flatbed to the house. Took the Vette to work today.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Yes I realize that and generally I only put in what I take out before start up, then start and let it warm for a bit and top it off and go for a ride let cool and check level again. I’m super **** I know but it’s always worked for me and I intended to add the additional quart.

Only had a quarter of a tank so I added an additional 4 gallons from my gas can and it’s between 1/4 and half now.

Only thing I can thick is the fuel shut off for accident was activated....makes no sense calling dealer now to have them send a flatbed to the house. Took the Vette to work today.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my truck at the dealer to make an adjustment to the front fender being too close to the driver door and rubbing against it when opening/closing the door. When they were done they weren’t able to start the vehicle any longer. It sat there for 5-6 weeks waiting for a PCM replacement.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my truck at the dealer to make an adjustment to the front fender being too close to the driver door and rubbing against it when opening/closing the door. When they were done they weren’t able to start the vehicle any longer. It sat there for 5-6 weeks waiting for a PCM replacement.

God I hope that’s not the case