GEN 2 Changed oil truck won’t start...?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all just changed my oil and rotated my tires and now the truck will not start...any ideas here? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all just changed my oil and rotated my tires and now the truck will not start...any ideas here? Thanks!

Is it possible I starved the fuel pump somehow cranks but it’s like it’s not getting fuel....

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried jumper cables yet? not enough juice to turn it over?

Haven’t tried jumper cables the truck cranks just doesn’t start it will stutter occasionally. Have it on a battery tender. I need to check fuses next just odd that the truck won’t start. Can’t believe this thing is so damn sensitive that I can’t rotate the tires and change the oil without drama. I have exceeded the cranking time now so she sits.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you put oil back in it? I know, dumb question, but it may not start with no oil pressure. Does the gauge show any pressure while cranking?

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you put oil back in it? I know, dumb question, but it may not start with no oil pressure. Does the gauge show any pressure while cranking?

Lol yeah, oil pressure gauge shows where it usually does. 5 quarts came out so filled it with 5 quarts and went to start it to warm it up and check oil level and it sputtered then shut off.

Super odd guess the dealer will have to come pick it up if I can’t find the issue. Has a 1/4 tank of gas so should be getting fuel but that’s how it’s acting like it’s starved for fuel makes no sense.

Last edited:

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah, oil pressure gauge shows where it usually does. 5 quarts came out so filled it with 5 quarts and went to start it to warm it up and check oil level and it sputtered then shut off.

Super odd guess the dealer will have to come pick it up if I can’t find the issue. Has a 1/4 tank of gas so should be getting fuel but that’s how it’s acting like it’s starved for fuel makes no sense.

Are you parked at a weird (steep) angle that the fuel pump isn’t seeing fuel? Not uncommon on the crew cabs when low on fuel and parked at an angle.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you parked at a weird (steep) angle that the fuel pump isn’t seeing fuel? Not uncommon on the crew cabs when low on fuel and parked at an angle.

No it’s in my garage pretty darn level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free