GEN 2 Chance of an Ecoboost 5.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking into buying this red 2017 raptor not a bad price for an 802A screw

84dbb6f3ba27fafefc593e8985541c80.png

http://www.graydanielsford.com/new/...0e0a6b1c382ff896d45b64.htm?searchDepth=26:501

But the lingering thought that this might become a thing in 2018, just like how the first gen had a 5.4 and switched to a 6.2 the next year model is killing me.

b18cb39a02b7cddf62af0ad1e8413a43.png

http://horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/

Haven't seen this discussion on the forum yet so I thought I might chime in and see what y'all think.

Last edited:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Horsepowerkings is the fake news of the auto world, they get a lot of shit on forums for posting clickbait stuff. Ford already announced that 2018 Raptors will have the 3.5L HO again when they showed off the 2018 bodystyle a few weeks ago. 2019? Who knows.

That RR Raptor is sick, I say go for it. Price looks good if that's $1000 under MSRP, but odds are they're going to lure you in and then try to get an ADM over MSRP.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Horsepowerkings is the fake news of the auto world, they get a lot of shit on forums for posting clickbait stuff. Ford already announced that 2018 Raptors will have the 3.5L HO again when they showed off the 2018 bodystyle a few weeks ago. 2019? Who knows.

That RR Raptor is sick, I say go for it. Price looks good if that's $1000 under MSRP, but odds are they're going to lure you in and then try to get an ADM over MSRP.
Thanks for the heads up I thought it sounded too good to be true

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real news alert, Fresh off of the wire:

when Trump met with the CEOs of Tesla and FoMoCo today he was like,

"Listen, no more wet ****** fart small displacement engines, we're bringing the V8 back BIG LEAGUE. And we're making them in Kentucky and Tennessee by robots who also make whiskey as a byproduct.

And Elon here will offer a rechargeable battery option for those operators who demand short bursts of complete operational stealth."

Last edited:

Monsoon Chopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so, I have read from a number so sources ford has a eco boost 5.0 ready to go, but no models announced for it just speculations. If they do i'll have to trade in my 13 for it. Even a naturally aspirated 5.0 would make me happy. Not sold on the V6

Either was I. Until I read about it, saw videos on it, then drove one and bought it! It still blows my mind and everyone that rides in it.

Nothing more than some entertainment. Here's a drag race between Gen I and Gen II -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzcSQyfTa4