Ceramic tire beads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had these put in my six K02's. Stripped off the weights, then put in 8 oz of beads in each tire. Drove 250 miles today. My Raptor drives smooth as silk.

Just drove Minneapolis, MN to Terlingua, TX. Tires ran perfect.

I’ll be driving off pavement for the next 45 days all over the Big Bend area and will report back.

I'm sold. I'll put these in all of my larger vehicles.

This is what I bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01991X4AI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had these put in my six K02's. Stripped off the weights, then put in 8 oz of beads in each tire. Drove 250 miles today. My Raptor drives smooth as silk.

I'm sold. I'll put these in all of my larger vehicles.

This is what I bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01991X4AI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you stop to consider that no two wheel ever uses the EXACT amount of weight to balance them.
In other words, one wheel may only need 5 oz, while the next wheel may need 8 or 9 oz.
Those packets were intended for the wheels that are already balanced.
Hate to break it to you, but you just bought some snake oil.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you stop to consider that no two wheel ever uses the EXACT amount of weight to balance them.
In other words, one wheel may only need 5 oz, while the next wheel may need 8 or 9 oz.
Those packets were intended for the wheels that are already balanced.
Hate to break it to you, but you just bought some snake oil.

From my experience, you are incorrect.
You can have too little, but, within reason, not too much. The weight in excess of needed dlstributes evenly and maintains balance.

I have used only beads in 2 sets of 35/12.5/17’s on my previous truck, over 100,000 Kms. They have been smooth, best luck I’ve had with balancing large tires, at all speeds, up to 200km/hr, and in mud and snow conditions.

A big advantage is they compensate and balance when rims get mud or ice build up.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

x-ray

Reaction score
Do they come with a sticker I can put on the back window next to my Starbz sticker to improve my fuel economy and boost HP?

Asking for a friend...

X