Ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to find out what people are paying for GTechniq Crystal Ultra Serum coating and Xpel front wrap and partial sides. Read a few people saying rocks get kicked up from front tires, but don’t want to get mud flaps. I am sure mud flaps would be torn off rock climbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question, would a strip wash, such as Adams strip wash remove the ceramic coating ? Or does this stuff never come off unless it’s years of it being on your paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what a strip wash is, but I’ve had Opti-coat on all of my cars and this stuff cuts time on cleaning and paints lasts longer. I’ve parked it outside when I didn’t have a house with garage, but the paint lasted longer than the plastic trim on my cars. Rock chips and sand are pretty much the only cause of damage to the paint. Living in the Mojave Desert creates some nasty sand blasts to your paint, but insurance covered one of my buddies FJ’s since sand pitted the whole car. He got $12k in insurance money and bought wheels, winch, etc.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what a strip wash is, but I’ve had Opti-coat on all of my cars and this stuff cuts time on cleaning and paints lasts longer. I’ve parked it outside when I didn’t have a house with garage, but the paint lasted longer than the plastic trim on my cars. Rock chips and sand are pretty much the only cause of damage to the paint. Living in the Mojave Desert creates some nasty sand blasts to your paint, but insurance covered one of my buddies FJ’s since sand pitted the whole car. He got $12k in insurance money and bought wheels, winch, etc.

The Strip wash just takes waxes and polished off your paint so you can start over again and reapply all of that stuff fresh on your paint. Takes all previous coatings off that were previously applied. Normal soaps don’t always take off those protective wax and polish layers. It’s also more effective in cleaning off the layer of bugs and road grime that gets on your paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobP

Reaction score
Please post a review of the Modesta after application. I've coated my previous cars with Opticoat but am considering going the Modesta route for my Raptor and would be curious to hear your thoughts. Are you installing a PPF as well? Thanks and good luck.

Thanks. I'm not going with a film, just the Modesta. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine coated with SB3 9H coating last week. I highly recommend the SB3. Did a lot of research and found this brand to be superior for the time being. Here is how it came out:

https://youtu.be/vL-E0Ggisw4

The is a huge difference in the way the paint feels now. I also had a full paint correction prior to the coating, gives the paint more depth.

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine coated with SB3 9H coating last week. I highly recommend the SB3. Did a lot of research and found this brand to be superior for the time being. Here is how it came out:

https://youtu.be/vL-E0Ggisw4

The is a huge difference in the way the paint feels now. I also had a full paint correction prior to the coating, gives the paint more depth.

Looks Great!!!!!