Ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word of advice, Dont buy into any of the long year warranty's there just marketing.

Im a Big CarPro Cquartz fan been installing it for years, Modesta is my 2nd favorite. If you are up for it, you could have a detail shop correct and polish and coat it yourself. would save you a decent amount, and if you take your time its not that bad to apply just a little intimidating at first.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will do a wrap before a coat but thats just me. And I like changing colors every year or two.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will do a wrap before a coat but thats just me. And I like changing colors every year or two.

That would be best, the xpel quote I received was $7k for the whole truck that’s a lot more then the $200 in supplies it cost me to ceramic coat...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be best, the xpel quote I received was $7k for the whole truck that’s a lot more then the $200 in supplies it cost me to ceramic coat...[emoji23]

Xpel is nice but I meant vinyl. I can do vinyl cheaply myself. One of these days I need to try using a ceramic coat kit myself.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Haven't seen it with my own eyes yet....I pick it up Thursday afternoon.

But here's my truck before and after Cquartz and Xpel'd front.

Threw in the Rappygraphics pic...well, because it's bad ass!

Attachments

• Tint.jpg
    Tint.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Cquartz.jpg
    Cquartz.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Flag.jpg
    Flag.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 104

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xpel is nice but I meant vinyl. I can do vinyl cheaply myself. One of these days I need to try using a ceramic coat kit myself.

Ah ok! I should get some pointers from you on the vinyl need to black out the burb chrome trim[emoji23]

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here to recommend AMMO Reflex, since no one else has. You can apply it to trim, which is nice. Easier to apply than other coatings, but doesn't last as long either.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting my truck done tomorrow with this. If anyone needs a shop in Chicago Area let me know I got a good shop that is reasonably priced

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on this ceramic coating? I am considering getting a quote but I understand that it is pretty expensive.

Ceramic Z-Gloss Paint Coating | Auto Detailing Services | Ziebart

I had my Raptor ceramic coated a cpl of wks after I got in December of 16 and it's been over a yr and some change later and to me it was worth EVERY penny. Keeping the truck clean and washing it is snap because it's so slippery barely anything sticks to it. I paid for the body, trim, wheel and interior kits and my buddy installed it for right around $400 and I had enough leftover to do my wife Jeep unlimited and her white Jeep came out amazing. I'm almost a little more impressed with her Jeep because it had scratches and just little orange iron spots all over it and was just starting to look older. My son bought a new F150 and I had him to that truck as well. He used Adam's on my truck and my wife's Jeep and CQuartz on his F150. The F150's paint color really responded well to it and the paint/shine looks 6" deep when you look it.

Attachments

• Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Yo'sJeep.jpg
    Yo'sJeep.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 93
  • F150.jpg
    F150.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited: