Ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the opticoat pro plus finally installed. Wow. What a difference. Well worth the money. Not too worried about rock chips like I was in my Porsche so I chose to do the ceramic instead. Glad I did.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spartan1, check out classic appreciation in Rochester also. I'm having mine done there next week. I have looked at ziebart in utica also. Ziebart wants you to come back every year for a check up on the coating. This will be my first vehicle to have a coating, we shall see.

heffneil

Reaction score
I just met with someone locally to do opticoating. He quoted me $2000 for the painted areas of the truck and then another $1000 for the plastic coating. Then another $1000 for all four seats, the dash, center console, arm rests. Overall its a ridiculous amount of money.... The $2000 is for decontamination, correction and the coating. The truck is new but the dealership did a bad job of cleaning it and I have a lot of swirls. Curious what other people think of the pricing.

sbdave

Reaction score
I had a cermaic coating put on my F-type about 8 months ago.... still very happy with it. Water still beads up like the very first day it was done. You definitely still have to care for your paint: use the two-bucket method, try to touch the paint as little as possible, etc... but it certainly makes it easier to wash, and to keep clean.

You should properly have the paint corrected before having the coating put on, otherwise you'll be trapping those surface imperfections and scratches. Like most cars, my Jag came from the factory with plenty of fine scratches in the clear coat... a Stage 1 paint correction took care of that and the ceramic coating provides the best protection against future scratches. Wax generally will last 4-6 weeks; paint sealant will last 4-6 months; ceramic coating will will last years depending on the brand, and how many applications.

On a dark colored car, I think it is a no-brainer.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My installer put a ceramic coat on top of my Xpel. Possibly a bad move but I have pounded through the desert a few times and the car at the end always looks trashed with enitre sides pinstriped. Some water and sun and it looks like new. Not sure but the coat may harden the wrap a bit making it tougher. Mine still heals as well.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got quoted $1000 for everything, the guy said $250 of that was paint correction and the rest was for the ceramic.

I watched a YouTube video of this camero that got 10 coats of ceramic. Before and after

Attachments

• 0B9E7E46-DEF2-4D44-BB33-4C356EE745FF.jpg
    0B9E7E46-DEF2-4D44-BB33-4C356EE745FF.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 0EDE71D1-D439-4852-B0A6-AAA214848A99.jpg
    0EDE71D1-D439-4852-B0A6-AAA214848A99.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Reaction score
I just met with someone locally to do opticoating. He quoted me $2000 for the painted areas of the truck and then another $1000 for the plastic coating. Then another $1000 for all four seats, the dash, center console, arm rests. Overall its a ridiculous amount of money.... The $2000 is for decontamination, correction and the coating. The truck is new but the dealership did a bad job of cleaning it and I have a lot of swirls. Curious what other people think of the pricing.

I'd shop around and wouldn't pay more than $1k for correction/coating (unless your truck is already swirled out).

I had CQuartz Finest applied to my 2010. After 3 years, the finish was pretty dull and in desperate need of a polish. Although most manufactures claim coatings are permanent, I'm not convinced a polish wouldn't remove it.

I went with Ceramic Pro Light (Bronze package) on my 2018. Only time will tell how this coating holds up, but I prefer the look of Ceramic Pro over CQuartz (at least the formula from a few years ago).

Either way, don't do any coating without a correction! I heard of another Raptor owner who did a $4k coating package without any correction and then found water spots underneath the coating. He had it redone at another detailer to correct it, but it was his choice to skip correction. Don't make that mistake!

heffneil

Reaction score
I'd shop around and wouldn't pay more than $1k for correction/coating (unless your truck is already swirled out).

I had CQuartz Finest applied to my 2010. After 3 years, the finish was pretty dull and in desperate need of a polish. Although most manufactures claim coatings are permanent, I'm not convinced a polish wouldn't remove it.

I went with Ceramic Pro Light (Bronze package) on my 2018. Only time will tell how this coating holds up, but I prefer the look of Ceramic Pro over CQuartz (at least the formula from a few years ago).

Either way, don't do any coating without a correction! I heard of another Raptor owner who did a $4k coating package without any correction and then found water spots underneath the coating. He had it redone at another detailer to correct it, but it was his choice to skip correction. Don't make that mistake!

I told him $1500 with correction and decontamination. He agreed. I will let you guys know how it goes. I think he knows what he is doing. In my town its all ferraris, lambos and super high end cars and he does a lot of them. I will let you know should be this week!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be $1k for correction and ceramic coat.

I do my own paint correction and ceramic using Wolfgang Uber on my Grand Sport and Raptor. Raptor took me almost two days to finish I took my time though.

I requested my sales person not to allow the detail prep guys wash my truck and to only clean and prep the inside, he looked at me crazy then said yeah I get it. Not always an option but it helps tremendously.

iPhone pics but you get the idea:)

45e787b0b4026ad15888e9d5a489170b.jpg

cc949cb5863e508cb587a2706d658892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: