Ceramic coat done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating put on the Raptor last weekend. I was hesitant due to cost, but couldn't be happier. I just did my first 2 bucket wash in my garage here in the dirty cold MN winter, and it looked amazing with little effort.
I had Mehrdad from eM detailing in Minneapolis do it and this guy is amazing to say the least. He knows his stuff and has a true passion for his work. Spent 2 days on the truck.
Most of his time was on paint correction. It appears the Ford has some pretty ****** soft paint. I was surprised by the paint defects, marring, hazing and water spots it had from simply sitting on ramp 59. Ford paint is also very soft.
Well worth the money.
Here is a cool video he put together of my truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouCnetEIZPY

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic and looks like the proper prep-work went into making sure that it was applied to a swirl-free finish.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appt for early march for this exact same coating - glad you're happy. Did you also have them do the wheels/door jambs?

OP
OP
M

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not do wheels or jams. I mainly wanted it for ease of cleaning. So far so good. Washing with Optimum no-rinse was so easy. It's sitting next to my black Yukon and there is a huge difference in shine when they are both clean..

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any before/after pics of specific panels? The vid is generic/every detail shop has vids of sections marred/compounded/polished...no offense just curious to see this job in more detail. I have an appointment to get mine coated with crystal serum as well on the 13th of March, along with ppf.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been mulling the ceramic coating on my 17 Black, Cost was prohibitive but after my ADD kicked in over the smallest scratches I am going for it. Glad it worked out for you

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding ceramic coating will not prevent scratching. It will give you a very small buffer from light scratches. I'm looking into going for a clear bra in the areas that will be affected most from wheeling.

Last edited: