Carbon8's Avalanche Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed, build will start the week of June 6th so a couple weeks out still. Also just booked my Raptor Assault class for Aug 13-14 (still deciding if I will drive out there or fly) Hopefully this build will be wrapped up by the end of June.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you get the turbo gauge in place of the tranny temp?

I did it on mine, but don't remember the exact steps, since I only did it once. Did a search and found the below

Go to Truck Info, then Gauge Selection, then Gauge View(Transmission Temp), click ok on steering wheel and select Turbo Boost

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally starting to put some parts on the truck.

Started with the P3 gauge and Borla Atak exhaust, looking to finish all the performance parts first.

Very happy with both products, removing the stock midpipe off the downpipe clamp was a PITA but eventually got it and spun it 180 for the future just in case.

Some pics, (pile of parts in my garage)
jy3T0t.jpg

PITA clamp.
cVZsVs.jpg

System Installed
iA02jf.jpg
BDSz6x.jpg

Noticed small relieve holes
fFt7OB.jpg

WOT Windows Down, exhaust calms right down in every day driving though but when you get on it it is loud. I do not think it sounds very good IMO but about as good as it is going to get with this motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-PbuBrGjYw&feature=youtu.be

P3 Gauge, super easy install just need to connect the auto dimmer wire when I do all my electrical work. (0-60 displayed)
KySuM5.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Also had some time to do my baseline dyno, 0-60, and 1/8 mile trap before all the performance mods are done

Dyno (Had to pull in 5th due to speed limiter, 7th is 1:1 gear)

Max HP 355
FHL4Ng.jpg

Max Torque 381
VJig0i.jpg

0-60
KySuM5.jpg

1/8 Mile Trap Number 467
lvUBoS.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some more work done a couple days ago. Installed the AFE Momentum and Scorcher kit with Dry filter. Install was a breeze, about 20 minutes for the intake and 45 for the Scorcher. Scorcher was kinda a PITA to get through the firewall, until I realized to cut the OE zip ties on the main harness and then their is a lot of room to add more wiring through there.

No major testing but a small 0-60 comparison is quiet impressive for some bolt on parts. SPD adapter early next week and then engine modifications are done. Also looking to tackled my brake upgrade and onboard air system this Saturday. Then onto the bumpers and lights.

Wx83v5.jpg
1d5MTy.jpg
prZk2n.jpg

Stock 0-60
KySuM5.jpg

AFE Momentum/Scorcher+Atak Midpipe 0-60
1Q0yqd.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more progress today, working on that stop fast performance.

These have been sitting on the shelf since March, R1 brake kit. OE brakes IMO are subpar, yes they stop the truck but the pedal is soft and the bit is too slow, also noticed during stopped traffic any light release of pressure and the truck will creep forward.

This installed and broken in, bite is fast and hard. Have had R1 brakes on a lot of vehicles in the past never had a bad thing to say about them.

hcIugV.jpg
cMlR7o.jpg
P5lrIi.jpg
yKZxZX.jpg
7QPMKy.jpg

Also put my Gorilla lugs on finally, again had them over many vehicles and find they hold up well over time.
9Rm6en.jpg

On-board air system on Saturday, SPD adapters and hopefully my RPG stage 3 kit next week.

Looks like I am sending my ADD bumpers out for recoating, unfortunately they came in scuffed so that project is put on hold again. Hopefully a fast turn around time.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more progress today, working on that stop fast performance.

These have been sitting on the shelf since March, R1 brake kit. OE brakes IMO are subpar, yes they stop the truck but the pedal is soft and the bit is too slow, also noticed during stopped traffic any light release of pressure and the truck will creep forward.

This installed and broken in, bite is fast and hard. Have had R1 brakes on a lot of vehicles in the past never had a bad thing to say about them.

hcIugV.jpg
cMlR7o.jpg
P5lrIi.jpg
yKZxZX.jpg
7QPMKy.jpg

Also put my Gorilla lugs on finally, again had them over many vehicles and find they hold up well over time.
9Rm6en.jpg

On-board air system on Saturday, SPD adapters and hopefully my RPG stage 3 kit next week.

Looks like I am sending my ADD bumpers out for recoating, unfortunately they came in scuffed so that project is put on hold again. Hopefully a fast turn around time.

Rotors only I see. How's the stopping now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pads are there too

Love them so far, faster bite and better pedal response. No idea on stoping distance testing. I imagine same as OE perhaps slight improvement. Less fade.