Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Carbon fiber steering wheel


This is a discussion on Carbon fiber steering wheel within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Jake17 just ordered Not sure that will work for you Jake since it looks like real carbon ...


User Tag List

Like Tree25Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Jake17 View Post
just ordered
Not sure that will work for you Jake since it looks like real carbon fiber weave, not that fake sticker shit you put all over your truck.




jaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Ruger's Avatar
FRF Addict


 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Nevada
Age: 63
Posts: 5,699
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by jaz13 View Post
Riding the bump stops the entire way.........

If you are carrying a lot of shit, the Raptor is the wrong tool for the job. A couple bags of mulch causes the rear end to sag.
WHAT
UTTER
BULLSHIT

I've pulled all three sizes of U-Haul trailer on 2,000 mile trips from Alabama to Nevada and didn't come close to the bump stops.

I carry half-ton loads of pellets 25 miles across a ridge 4 to 6 times a year and don't ride the bump stops.

That's on a GEN1. I don't know anything about GEN2s except what I read here, so I'll have to take your word for it.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Holy freaking cow!
$2,500 of hard-earned cash for BLING?
Lunacy.


__________________
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." - Thomas Jefferson

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author

Last edited by Ruger; 12-07-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I don't see the drive mode selector on that second steering wheel. That's enough for a veto in and of itself. Also, I'm not sure how you can even tell that coated carbon fiber is legitimate, especially with so much Chinese bullshit floating around everywhere.

Last edited by Non-Sense; 12-07-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Non-Sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DFW
Age: 56
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by jaz13 View Post
Riding the bump stops the entire way.........

If you are carrying a lot of shit, the Raptor is the wrong tool for the job. A couple bags of mulch causes the rear end to sag.
payload is rated at 1200 lbs. max - that's almost half of all other F150's.
grumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
 
downforce137's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: In Diana
Age: 43
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
bfr likes this.
downforce137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
WHAT
UTTER
BULLSHIT

I've pulled all three sizes of U-Haul trailer on 2,000 mile trips from Alabama to Nevada and didn't come close to the bump stops.

I carry half-ton loads of pellets 25 miles across a ridge 4 to 6 times a year and don't ride the bump stops.

That's on a GEN1. I don't know anything about GEN2s except what I read here, so I'll have to take your word for it.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Holy freaking cow!
$2,500 of hard-earned cash for BLING?
Lunacy.
You're totally right. An off-road suspension doesn't compromise payload and towing in the least. Ford is actually thinking of discontinuing the F-250 line because the Raptor is as much work truck as anyone needs. Just ask Sasquatch, he knows all the inside information on Ford.
jaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
 
Ruger's Avatar
FRF Addict


 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Nevada
Age: 63
Posts: 5,699
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by jaz13 View Post
You're totally right. An off-road suspension doesn't compromise payload and towing in the least. Ford is actually thinking of discontinuing the F-250 line because the Raptor is as much work truck as anyone needs. Just ask Sasquatch, he knows all the inside information on Ford.
Sasquatch and you appear to think that you're experts on EcoBoost vehicles.

As I've made quite clear, my load-carrying and hauling experience is with the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 fire-breathing GEN1 Raptor.
Perhaps you've heard of them.


__________________
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." - Thomas Jefferson

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
 
shelteredraptor's Avatar
FRF Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: on a rock
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Jaz and Satchsquish appear to be brothers.
shelteredraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
Sasquatch and you appear to think that you're experts on EcoBoost vehicles.

As I've made quite clear, my load-carrying and hauling experience is with the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 fire-breathing GEN1 Raptor.
Perhaps you've heard of them.
Yeah, I see them periodically. But it is hard to get a good look because they disappear in my rearview mirror so quickly.
jaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
 
Ruger's Avatar
FRF Addict


 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Nevada
Age: 63
Posts: 5,699
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by jaz13 View Post
Yeah, I see them periodically. But it is hard to get a good look because they disappear in my rearview mirror so quickly.
Ah, street racing.
If you wanted a work truck, why didn't you buy and F-250?
And if you're into street racing, then why are you bitching about work?

Oh, never mind.


__________________
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." - Thomas Jefferson

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carbon fiber steering wheel BajaFred Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] 4 12-08-2017 01:08 AM
Carbon fiber key fob jeremyespinoza Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 14 05-03-2017 06:43 PM
GEN 2 No carbon fiber slammy123 Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 27 05-01-2017 09:27 AM
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Nordic Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 7 09-23-2016 12:58 AM
Wheel fender flare wrap in carbon fiber? Baldguy01 Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 16 02-22-2016 05:18 PM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum