Car Wash Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garden hose. Bucket. Soap. Wax.

Since when did we learn to drive through a car wash and not value the pride of standing back and appreciating a hard job, done well?

Also have never paid someone to mow my yard or paint my house. Different generation I guess.......

This way of thinking is no better than when millennials think they have the answers to everything. Just because the guy wants to keep his truck clean doesn't mean he doesn't value the pride of valuing hard work.

If you enjoy washing your car then go for it. I have done so many times, but now I have a professional do it. And I also have a housekeeper and a professional chef. That frees me up to do all sorts of things to make money to pay those people as well as other random things like make a website that helps other members find their Raptors. But you know, I guess I could have just washed my truck and told the neighborhood kids to get off my lawn instead.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone doing for car-washes? We don't have self serve car-washes near me and looking for touchless. Do any of the touchless car washes worth with the width of this truck?

Have a professional but don't really wanna drop $100+ each wash and while I love washing cars I sometimes just don't have the time.

Totally understand you, as I don't have time to be an eternal slave to my autos. We are fortunate enough to have a high end, $5,000,000 car wash in town, and it will accommodate a Raptor just fine. Took both of my Gen 1's through there and never had a problem; got top dollar out of them when I sent them on to a new owner. Good luck to you and hope you find one that works for you--they exist, and you shouldn't have to be a slave to your stuff. Unless you want to. Then have at it ;)

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

This way of thinking is no better than when millennials think they have the answers to everything. Just because the guy wants to keep his truck clean doesn't mean he doesn't value the pride of valuing hard work.

If you enjoy washing your car then go for it. I have done so many times, but now I have a professional do it. And I also have a housekeeper and a professional chef. That frees me up to do all sorts of things to make money to pay those people as well as other random things like make a website that helps other members find their Raptors. But you know, I guess I could have just washed my truck and told the neighborhood kids to get off my lawn instead.

You sir are making America great, and I for one, salute you! You are enriching yourself with maximum efficiency, while creating jobs for others. This is exactly my methodology and love seeing it implemented into the real world. Hats off to success for all, whether large or small!

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hate spring break-up in Alaska. And it snowed today and the roads are a mess and my truck is filthy. I've had my Raptor for less than 2 weeks and have already washed it a half a dozen times or more. I've found that the self wash spots do a better job than the automated, touchless carwashes. I never use the brush at the self wash spot. Just low pressure soap, high pressure soap & rinse. Cost $10 max. I have to say Avalanche Gray comes really clean using this method.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hate spring break-up in Alaska. And it snowed today and the roads are a mess and my truck is filthy. I've had my Raptor for less than 2 weeks and have already washed it a half a dozen times or more. I've found that the self wash spots do a better job than the automated, touchless carwashes. I never use the brush at the self wash spot. Just low pressure soap, high pressure soap & rinse. Cost $10 max. I have to say Avalanche Gray comes really clean using this method.

I certainly understand the battle. I remember when I was younger, I'd be hand washing my vehicles in nearly freezing temps, and my dad would always be yelling at me, "You're going to wash the paint right off that thing!". But, it was worth it to me, as a kid. Now, I don't have so much time to hand wash, so auto washes are utilized lots.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
For me, anything with > 2 wheels is an outside animal. I’ll wash it, yes, but the bikes are superior, and thus, stay inside (the garage). The bikes get washed once a year whether they need it or not. :biggrin: I’ve already washed my Rap more than my 2014 Kaw.

In all seriousness, you do need to keep on top of it or the rain will no joke, eat away your finish. My last Subaru had beautiful black paint, but the plastic trimmed pieces got rain damage? to them, otherwise messing up good looking paint. I’ve never had a car suffer paint damage before, and I’ve had some beaters in my time. To be fair, I did not take care of that paint. The metal surfaces were good, it was just the plastic that the paint suffered on.

So, my Raptor will get taken care of a little more diligently.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hand wash it yourself if you enjoy it or pay someone if you don't. Sounds like you are a big baller shot caller, paying cash for a Raptor, so paying someone to do it shouldn't be a problem.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

:win:

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly understand the battle. I remember when I was younger, I'd be hand washing my vehicles in nearly freezing temps, and my dad would always be yelling at me, "You're going to wash the paint right off that thing!". But, it was worth it to me, as a kid. Now, I don't have so much time to hand wash, so auto washes are utilized lots.

I'm still that way. I can't stand having a dirty car, especially when it's new. So much so that when my house was being remodeled, I had them make the attached garage into a "car wash garage." It has vinyl walls and an exhaust fan to deal with the moisture. The problem at the moment is that the Raptor is so big that I'm going to have to clear everything else out of the garage just to be able to move around the truck to wash it.