Car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a newer tunnel wash by me and my truck goes through fine.. As one poster above mentioned the tire brushes are the tightest spot. Plenty of space on the sides..

Reaction score
If you insist on using an automatic wash, call around and find one that fits a dually. If a dually can get through it, so can your Raptor.

If you don't want to do a full hand wash at home, look into rinseless washing. I was a bit hesitant at first when I tried it, but it works (assuming you don't have caked on mud, but you can knock that off with a hose first). I've had good luck with Optimum No Rinse and Ultima Waterless Wash (but put in some light scratches trying waterless). I've also heard good things about Uber Rinseless. You'll be amazed how good your truck looks with some of these car soaps with gloss enhancers. Plus, use distilled water and no spots! Google "Gary Dean Method" to see how to do it properly.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pride in ownership. Wash it yourself. The wash monkeys will destroy your truck.

Thats really easy to say living in NorCal. Its been in the teens and 20's the vast majority of this month with snow and immense amounts of salt on the roads. I can still hand wash but I can't get the salt off my frame like a good tunnel wash. I have one by me that is expensive but they really do a nice job. YMMV

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pride in ownership. Wash it yourself. The wash monkeys will destroy your truck.
Takes too much effort. I can just about count on one hand the number of this I've washed mine in 3.5 yrs (man...has it really been that long?) (I should clarify.. I've only bucket washed my truck in my driveway a handful of times). This thing has just got so much real estate to cover that it takes forever.

But what's worse? Going months without washing, or squeezing through an automatic wash between more thorough washes every once in a while...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues here fitting in a drive through car wash. Heck my lifted Super Duty fit but then again this is west Texas so they build them that way

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the GEN1 owners manual clearly states to NOT use automatic car washes.

Page 25:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...r-Supplement-First-Print_rp_en-us_09_2013.pdf

What does the GEN2 owners manual state, not the same thing??

Oh wait, it does....

Page 37:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...e-Supplement-version-1_su-2_EN-US_06_2017.pdf

For obvious legal reasons they can’t allow it in the manual because not all car washes are built the same. If you find one that is big enough you are fine but you can’t put a blanket “all tunnel washes are ok” statement out there

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apologies to my frozen east coast friends . My truck spends months in the black rock desert, but the spit and sand paper car washes here do nothing to remove the corrosive desert dust. The only thing that keeps my metal and rubber from turning to dust is an extensive hand wash using vinegar, Calgon and Adams car soap.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely a reason not to use car washes

Attachments

• D7F2B59F-C249-44F7-B700-7C0828779F54.jpeg
    D7F2B59F-C249-44F7-B700-7C0828779F54.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 61