Car and Driver 5.1 0-60, 13.8 1/4 mile!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahallada

Reaction score
Damn good numbers!!! As fast or faster than a sc 6.2.... now thats impressive !

Way better. I saw the stats of a Shelby F150 SC that couldn't even break into the 5s in the 0-60. Spooled turbos are gonna blow them away every time.

ahallada

Reaction score
The low mileage was from being in Baja mode during the testing. This spools the turbos to 20,000 rpm. Anytime you hit those turbos the mileage is going to get killed. I'm on my 3rd ecoboost so believe me I've learned. I had the first 2.0 L Ecoboost that was lightening fast but mileage was terrible because I drove it like I was on a race track most of the time. Was rated at 25mpg and I was lucky to get 16 mpg. Highway it was around 30 mpg though. Better than the 3.5 L either way. I'd say in the backcountry this new 3.5 L will be lucky to break the 13s in mpg.

treynor

Reaction score

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which is how a drive on the daily, so net net we're back at 12mpgs, which by the way isn't a factor for most raptor owners.

I was more suggesting that those who were hoping for major fuel mileage gains should instead focus on the improvement in hp/liter or something as it's mileage is close to the heavy slower gen won.

Which again is not a concern for us fat cats

I was referring more to mileage capability and not that Raptor buyers didn't want to pay to feed it.

Was more referring that if you drive it like a race truck it's going to eat fuel like a race truck.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised how bad the braking is. 200 ++ feet?? 2 piston front calipers ?? Pretty low tech brakes

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Fortunately, the crew cab’s tank holds 36 gallons of fuel versus the SuperCab’s 26."

I thought the gen2's Supercab tank was 23g. Typo or did something change?

I see on the Ford site it is 26g. When did that change? Wasn't it originally supposed to be smaller at 23g???

Last edited:

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is gonna drink if you keep your foot in it. DD on interstate I expect to get the advertised 18MPG.