GEN 2 Can't lock rear Diff in 2H?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get an ARB for the Gen 2, its the same as the Gen 1 in the rear. Just its alot of $$$ and I am not sure if it will integrate properly with the New modes (and if it does not will it throw codes/CEL's)

At least on the 911's the Sport mode is like Off road mode on the raptor. Sport Plus is even more track oriented and only will have the PSM come on when you do things like lock up the brakes. Have to say driving the 911 in Sport with the PDK is the most fun I have had with a vehicle that was not manual. Made me wish I could order the mustang with a dual clutch. Unfortunately we got our 911 C4S just before they added the Paddles on the wheel so stuck with the wheel buttons. One day maybe will spend the $1k and order the paddle wheel

Me too. 996 turbo with tip, supposedly the worst but it works amazing for me. I got used to the wheel buttons. I leave my thumbs on the upshift button and simply toggle down while leaving my thumb in the upshift location. They don't have to be depressed, they also work as a toggle.
Just FYI.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can get an ARB for the Gen 2, its the same as the Gen 1 in the rear. Just its alot of $$$ and I am not sure if it will integrate properly with the New modes (and if it does not will it throw codes/CEL's)

At least on the 911's the Sport mode is like Off road mode on the raptor. Sport Plus is even more track oriented and only will have the PSM come on when you do things like lock up the brakes. Have to say driving the 911 in Sport with the PDK is the most fun I have had with a vehicle that was not manual. Made me wish I could order the mustang with a dual clutch. Unfortunately we got our 911 C4S just before they added the Paddles on the wheel so stuck with the wheel buttons. One day maybe will spend the $1k and order the paddle wheel

Oh, sport plus mode on my GT3 is crazy good. I have run lap times in sport plus with nannies on in automatic, and with nannies off in paddle shift, and the car in auto is almost faster than me.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The Gen 2 has 35 spline axles so I don't think ARB makes anything to fit the Gen 2 yet. I have a Truetrac LS for 34 spline axles that I planned to install in my 2017 until I found out it has 35 spline axles. :sad72:

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any resolution to this question? Has a reliable reversible solution been found that won't void warranty/can be reversed for warranty work?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious why so many people are interested in finding a way to lock the rear in 2H. What use cases would that help you in?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's also a module available too, check FB groups... If i recall, Paul Rogers?, runs it

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am curious why so many people are interested in finding a way to lock the rear in 2H. What use cases would that help you in?

Actually a good question....I come from a 2wd prerunner background so of course some sort of rear locker or LSD is totally needed, and I've always thought if I ever had a 4wd I'd still run in 2wd most of the time and only engage the front axle when needed (sand, hills)
My present 2wd truck does very well in most desert terrain and it drives different then a 4wd..as in steer with the rear...which I planned on doing with my Raptor (when it gets here...)..but not so much now that there's no real lockable 2wd mode...

I still think I'll go with the module to allow 2wd lock up...the good news is I'm not one of those Bozo's that would lock up the rear on the street...