GEN 2 Can't lock rear Diff in 2H?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pic18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as I have been getting to know and play with my truck, I was thinking, what would give me maximum hoonage? Of course I thought 2H with a locked differential would be the way to go, especially in a parking lot full of snow. Low and behold I cannot get the truck to lock the diff in 2H. I have tried in Normal, Sport and Baja mode. The diff will lock in all of those modes in 4A/4H, but no go in 2H. The manual states that in the regular F-150 you can lock the diff in 2 wheel drive?

I fully admit this maybe operator error, but if anyone else has gotten their truck and is running into the same issue or has other input I would appreciate it. My donuts are just not going to be the same in 4H. Thanks - Bob

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that would suck.

My 13' F150 would allow me to lock the diff in 2H which as you said makes it a lot of fun in snow and even drifting in the wet.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
My 2wd has a locking rear diff. Unlocks at 25mph. Can't see why they wouldn't allow 4wd models to lock in 2wd

:stoner:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata

D

Deleted member 12951

That is odd. On GEN1, I am pretty sure we can lock in 2wd and it stays locked at any speed with in Offroad mode, am I wrong?

Find it surprising that Ford removed that or wonder if that can be changed with a software revision patch.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that sucks. Burn outs will never be the same... My 2011 f350 locker works in 2h. Up to 15 or 25 mph

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Owners Supplement looks like its showing the locker for 4x4 only.

Hey Chris. You have a pic on another thread - an avalanche doin a burnout. Looks like both rear tires smokin. ?

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/672/31352279412_f34643dfa4_b.jpg

My phone won't let me copy and paste the pic for some reason