Can't jump start FROM Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is really odd, and I can't think of a logical explanation. Yeah, go ahead and have fun with me *******. I know you're out there ready to pounce, so have at it. I don't give a shit.

I am unable to jump start another car from my truck. At first, I thought I had bad cables. Then I used the same cables using a different jumper car and the jumpee car started right up. I even reattached the jumpers back to the Raptor and struck the two open ends together, quickly, to see if it would spark- nothing...dead.

Can anyone think of ANY logical explanation here? I tried a different set of cables with the same result. And I hooked directly to the terminals, not one on positive, one on a ground elsewhere.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you hooked up with the cables on top of the rubber post protectors, there is no reason you should not be able to jump start from your Raptor. Double check your cables, also if you hook up your truck first, as you place the positive cable on the dead battery you should see a spark, if not, the juice is not getting to the other side.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Divine retribution for voting for Hillary Clinton?
Your raptor is angry at you for spending too much time in the mall and not enough it the dirt?
You have been cursed
A pox is upon you and your house
The full moon
You just didn’t do it right
God hates you
Bad connection at the cable/battery, not necessarily related to the actual cables.

Any of these are possible, logical and plausible.

I have been able to jump start another vehicle with a battery of about 5 years old, very cold out and in a fairly poor state of charge, using the Raptor’s battery. Your problem is most certainly vexing...

Reaction score
I can’t say for sure, but I’m thinking when I disconnected my battery a couple weeks ago , that the cable terminal is insulated around the connection. I know it tightens/loosens almost like a worm gear, and there was some plastic around it. Maybe try attaching directly to the terminal or the led for accessories.

I’d go check my truck right now but it’s cold .

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the laughs, mofos! It really is vexing. Nope, no rubber between the posts and the cables. And no spark ever. I've tried multiple times.

I have jumped a shit ton of vehicles in my lifetime. I'm going to go with the Hillary vote, because it that's it, I ****** up when voting too! See the trend?

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the laughs, mofos! It really is vexing. Nope, no rubber between the posts and the cables. And no spark ever. I've tried multiple times.

I have jumped a shit ton of vehicles in my lifetime. I'm going to go with the Hillary vote, because it that's it, I ****** up when voting too! See the trend?

I've been able to jump vehicles with my 17 . Do you have a multimeter or a 12v test light. If so hook up your cables and start testing

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Raptors have standards you know. If you try to jump start honda civic or other kind of peasant-mobile, she’s going to balk.

ok, seriously tho... I know this sounds silly, but, could you give us a play by play of what you did? I know it sounds pretty basic, but maybe we pick something up - oh, and yes, if you do this, at least 3 people are going to post either a meme or useless criticism of you, but maybe we find something.

Right now it’s not enough information to get help, but plenty to get wisecracks and memes :)