Can't decide on what tires to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty different tires! How do you use your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sharkus29

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty different tires! How do you use your truck?

Its my DD but I take it out for a bit of off-road fun on my days off when I get the chance. Researching more I think I would be better off with the Toyo R/T's. I had Toyo M/T's on my Gen 1 and they were great tires off road but that was about it.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

I've got the R/Ts. I DD the truck and these tires run quiet on the road and offer awesome traction off road. They get my vote.

Awesome, I'm thinking the R/T's will be the ones I go with. Thanks

BigCSS78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the km3’s and like their on road manners. Haven’t had a chance to use them off of gravel yet but they will get tested out this fall once the rains come again. Also will try them in the sand soon. I’m not really a fan of Toyo but a lot of that is due to the dealer network that has exclusive rights to them in the area and way overinflates the cost of all their tires. I was think about nitto ridge grapplers until I found out they were load range f in the size I wanted and felt I didn’t want the added weight or possible harshness of ride on a half ton truck.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its my DD but I take it out for a bit of off-road fun on my days off when I get the chance. Researching more I think I would be better off with the Toyo R/T's. I had Toyo M/T's on my Gen 1 and they were great tires off road but that was about it.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Awesome, I'm thinking the R/T's will be the ones I go with. Thanks

Yeah the Toyo or Nitto Ridge Grappler are better suited for your use. The Nitto look a bit better to me and they are probably a similar compound as they are the same company. No complaints on my Nittos, way better than the stock bfg in every category and haven’t required a rebalance in the 8k miles I have used them.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Toyo RT or Nitto RG

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the Toyo or Nitto Ridge Grappler are better suited for your use. The Nitto look a bit better to me and they are probably a similar compound as they are the same company. No complaints on my Nittos, way better than the stock bfg in every category and haven’t required a rebalance in the 8k miles I have used them.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Toyo RT or Nitto RG

Only problem with those two tires is that they are heavy. They make up 2 of 3 tires in the hybrid category tho. I'm going with the other personally, but if you don't mind the weight I don't think you'd go wrong with either.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with Duratracs because they are lighter than the stock KO2's and much better in rain and snow.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
I went w/Duratrac
:lol: @3 months every tire developed a sidewall bulge, I called & they said it should be fine. @36k 1 of the sidewalls split right down the bulge & blew out just before getting on the highway. Turns out Goodyear doesn’t know how to bond plies together & the radial bands themselves pulled apart. I also had a few other issues prior. You need to re-balance these every 10k because the density of the rubber isn’t consistent. They'll wear slightly faster on one side causing violent shake @highway speed until you re-balance them. The rubber showed signs of early rot. I'll never buy Goodyear again. The build quality is trash. I wouldn’t trust your family’s safety with Duratrac.

Last edited:

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I concur with Jake17. i have BFG's on my 13 and never again. Had 2 sets of them. Have Nitto ridge grapplers on my 18. Much better tire! I actually like the heavier tire for 2 reasons. Off road it is a beast, and on the street, anything to make my vehicle heavier and bigger than anyone else the better for safety. Weight usually wins in accidents, and i carry my wife and 3 gilrs around in mine everywhere we go. The grapplers are not loud at all either.