Cancel order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been browsing these forums for several days now and I'm not exactly sure if I want to cancel my 2017 order and wait for a 2018 or not. I come to you current owners for advice...

My only concerns are the engine quirks and little b.s. things that I don't know if I want to deal with on a $70k truck.

From what I have seen, some of the issues I've been seeing are:

* Oil leaks
* Abnormal cam noise
* Wastegate issues
* Misfires
* Intercooler condensation
* Poor idle with AC running

There are most likely more that I am missing. I ordered the Avalanche Gray which I read is being discontinued for 2018. That would be a bummer. I also read that Race Red is going to be an option for 2018 which would likely be my alternative choice.

What should I do folks!

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to frf. Get the color you want and let that be your deciding factor. If you are concerned about issues that could arise get an extended warranty to set your mind at ease when your truck arrives.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I wonder how many people with 2017's ordered are never going to get a truck at all. We are what, a month away from 2018's being built?

OP
OP
G

grizz

Reaction score
I wonder how many people with 2017's ordered are never going to get a truck at all. We are what, a month away from 2018's being built?

I was wondering that my self. Ordering from Ford has been really weird compared to say, Audi, which I have in the past. I'm not really impressed with the Ford process. At least with Audi you have a 100% chance of getting your car the way you ordered it, with excellent quality control and on time. When they say 10 weeks, you'll get your car in 10 weeks.

I love the idea of the Raptor and it's the only truck I'd want to own so I'm willing to wait the 8 months that I was quoted but I just hope that when I get it, it passes quality control.

I already have a long list of things to have the dealer check / sign off on before I pay for it once it arrives.

Is it possible that despite ordering a 2017, I'll get a 2018? Do you guys think that I should cancel my order and build out a 2018 MY? Also, I wonder if I do end up getting a 2018 but in the Avalanche Gray that I ordered.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there are issues with a small percentage of builds, I wouldn't expect a complete change in MY 2018 to fix the issues you listed. Of the thousands of Raptors produced, the issues you listed probably occurs in a small percentage of trucks built, and will probably exist as a small percentage in MY 2018. I wouldn't expect a new year to solve all the issues. Just my 2 cents. Get Avalanche if that's what you want.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No chance that ordering a 2017 gets you a 2018 without re-ordering.

No chance of getting a 2018 in AG

No likely difference in quality/problems between late build 2017's and early 2018's

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely cancel your 2017 order and get a 2018.....then you can help start listing all the quirks and issues with '18s and tell people to wait for a 2019....and so on, and so on, and so on....

Last time I checked there has never been a vehicle made that didn't have some minor issues....that's all these are