California emissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO COST TO THE DEALER ;-) no conspiracy, just...and this maybe hard to believe but....

There are parts of the country that want NOTHING to do with Cali. SHOCKING I KNOW! :wink:

I plan on moving to one of them as soon a I can retire... :big grin:

STRiDOR

Reaction score
NOT A DAMN THING!!!!!!

In fact, the friggin' EMISSIONS STICKER is the SAME!!!! I know, I have the non-CA truck and have actually photographed it's sticker AND the CA sticker...and they identical...word for word!!! I'll even post a picture of both versions. The sticker on the Avi Gray (left) is the CA model, and the Blue is mine...a "non-CA" model (right).

I'm so ticked off at this charade, that I'm going to "try" and do something to make a change at the DMV. It's clear that they have not kept up with the current standards and labeling!

The ONLY thing that differentiates these trucks is a ridiculous CHECKBOX on the order form. But, I smell a greedy rat...my guess is "someone" is paying for that anointment; whether the dealer or the manufacturer. What a crock!

Many thanks for pointing this out. I just picked up my Raptor in Texas yesterday and you helped me to confirm that it would be fine in California. Like you said the sticker under the hood was the same as the ones you showed.

Kudos!

OP
OP
V

Vikingrl

Reaction score
Where did everyone that bought out of state raptors go for the vin verification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did everyone that bought out of state raptors go for the vin verification?

All you need is a smog check and to be weighed. At least that is what I thought and what others have reported...

OP
OP
V

Vikingrl

Reaction score
All you need is a smog check and to be weighed. At least that is what I thought and what others have reported...

The credit union I financed with is requesting a vin verification.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score

??? Nowhere. My CU did nothing more than check with the dealer. I smogged, weighed, then went to the DMV with all my docs from the sale. Wrote them a check for $737 for registration and paid $6339 to the BOE for taxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So why not just order all the Raptors with ca emissions? Makes it easier to sell. Im surprised its even an option
Doesnt't cali make u switch the engine out for a 4 banger or hybrid that runs off grass or something ? :ROFLJest: i bet at least 1 part on the raptor has got to be illegal there i'm sure.