California Emission, out of state 2018 Raptors, MSRP at any dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in California, and I'm plan on buying a 2017 Raptor out of state. (they want too much $$ here in California)

Is the 2017 Raptor have the same emission in all states?

Anybody in California bought a Raptor out of state? Any dealer taking pre-orders at MSRP?

headsets

Last edited:

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine done. Was super easy. Vin verified at the DMV, smogged, weighed. $60 for everything. All in 1 day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, so it doesn't matter what State I go order the 2018 Raptor, it has the same emission as the one sold in Calif?

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can't have a 49 state sticker or you can't register it. I live in California and I bought my Raptor in South Dakota and had it shipped. Before I bought it I made the dealer take a picture of the emissions sticker to verify it wasn't a 49 state model.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Just got mine done. Was super easy. Vin verified at the DMV, smogged, weighed. $60 for everything. All in 1 day.

What about the taxes? Didn't you have to pay tax?

OP
OP
M

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which dealer in SD? Did you have to fly there to sign?

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can't have a 49 state sticker or you can't register it. I live in California and I bought my Raptor in South Dakota and had it shipped. Before I bought it I made the dealer take a picture of the emissions sticker to verify it wasn't a 49 state model.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

What about the taxes? Didn't you have to pay tax?

My credit union is handling taxes and registration.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Registered my Florida purchased truck today in CA. Super easy- smog it, weight it and go to the DMV. Window sticker means nothing. 50 state legal sticker is under hood of all of them. Here is picture of sticker

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which dealer in SD? Did you have to fly there to sign?

Sturgis Ford. They FedEx me everything. Sign and done. So easy.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Registered my Florida purchased truck today in CA. Super easy- smog it, weight it and go to the DMV. Window sticker means nothing. 50 state legal sticker is under hood of all of them. Here is picture of sticker

What about taxes?

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sales taxes were originally paid to Floridia, Then when I registered the truck in CA they collected the difference. (of course CA was more with all their bs fees) They then go collect them from FL Most state have a reciprocal agreement between them regarding sales tax. That was really a not issue also