CA Emissions (in WA)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highgun

Reaction score
Guys.

I am in Wa State. I am trying to buy a truck out of state. I notice their Window stickers don't show CA emissions. One dealer even said he wouldn't sell to West Coast because we wouldn't be able to license. If anyone knows about this please let me know. All the trucks here in WA show CA emissions on window sticker.

OP
OP
H

highgun

Reaction score
Well. It has to say it on window sticker. Most I'm looking at in Texas don't say it.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your state do emissions before registration? In New York we have to do registration before emissions. So if the ca emissions isn't attached to the vin it's a no go. Only way to register the truck here would be if it had 7500 miles and has been previously registered. If you look back at one of the ca emissions threads you will see the state that started all this ******** doesn't even required the ca emissions option. A dealer in a non green state can order a green state truck with the help of a ford zone rep if they really want to go threw the trouble.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I chased this to ground before I bough my truck out of state...

ALL Gen 2 Raptors have 50 STATE EMISSIONS
PEROD DOT.

"California Emissions" on the window sticker is a no cost option.
California actually doesn't care what's on the window sticker. If you buy out of state you will need:

Smog Cert - yes you will have to go and have your brand new truck tested. THAT IS WHO will verify that the sticker in the engine bay says it has 50 state emissions.

Weight Cert - California treats Pickups as a Commercial Vehicle so it has to be weighed to determine the weight fee.

SALES TAX - California will collect the sales tax LESS whatever you paid where you bought it.

Certificate of Origin (Title) - you have to have the dealer/lender send a title cert to DMV.

I'm not guessing... I'm doing it now. And I have some experience with the California Vehicle Code. :wink:

Highgun- If you encounter that again - ask the sale guy to go pop the hood on the truck and read the emissions sticker and call you back if it says "50 state emissions". I "educated" a couple of dealers during my hunt...

"Why don't they just put it on all the window stickers?" California Emission used to have a performance impact, in some parts of the country they do NOT want that on the window sticker because of the negative connotation. ;-)

Good Hunting :biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

highgun

Reaction score
Thanks Rango. I actually missed out on the truck while I was at DMV. It was a black beadlock carbon fiiber at BJ Ford in Texas. The search continues.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. It has to say it on window sticker. Most I'm looking at in Texas don't say it.

Sorry, window sticker doesn't matter. California DMV only cares about what is on the emissions sticker.

Pop the hood and look at the emissions sticker ( on the underside of the hood, left of the latch )

If it says California...and if it's a GEN 2 Raptor it will. :biggrin:
You are good to go. :wink:

Last edited:

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I chased this to ground before I bough my truck out of state...

ALL Gen 2 Raptors have 50 STATE EMISSIONS
PEROD DOT.

"California Emissions" on the window sticker is a no cost option.
California actually doesn't care what's on the window sticker. If you buy out of state you will need:

Smog Cert - yes you will have to go and have your brand new truck tested. THAT IS WHO will verify that the sticker in the engine bay says it has 50 state emissions.

Weight Cert - California treats Pickups as a Commercial Vehicle so it has to be weighed to determine the weight fee.

SALES TAX - California will collect the sales tax LESS whatever you paid where you bought it.

Certificate of Origin (Title) - you have to have the dealer/lender send a title cert to DMV.

I'm not guessing... I'm doing it now. And I have some experience with the California Vehicle Code. :wink:

Highgun- If you encounter that again - ask the sale guy to go pop the hood on the truck and read the emissions sticker and call you back if it says "50 state emissions". I "educated" a couple of dealers during my hunt...

"Why don't they just put it on all the window stickers?" California Emission used to have a performance impact, in some parts of the country they do NOT want that on the window sticker because of the negative connotation. ;-)

Good Hunting :biggrin:

Where did you get it weighed? I'm halfway through this CA registration process myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro