A/C Concerns - Not cold enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nemesis

Reaction score
I have had my 2017 Raptor for almost 2 months and the A/C was performing optimally until recently. Here in Phoenix we are having a crazy heat wave with temps in the range of 110 to 120. My A/C on Max and recirculate is only getting down to about 54 degrees after 20 minutes of driving. Up until this week with the temp spikes, my A/C was blowing around 40-42 degrees.

Anyone else in this crazy heat having A/C issues?

Any idea if the Evap Temp Sensor resistor mod will work on the 2017 Raptor. I did a quick look behind the glove box for the sensor connector and it is not where it was in the 2013.
I did this mod to my 2013 and I was able to almost shoot ice cubes out my vents once I finally found the sweet spot without freezing the condenser.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
54 out the vent at 120 ambient is more than sufficient.

What are you basing this on? Because I just did some googling and literally everything I'm reading says that it should be at least 10 degrees cooler, if not closer to 15

OP, I would get it checked out.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you using Recirculate mode? I have a black truck and live in Scottsdale.

Remote Start is defiantly a must for me... I always leave my truck in 'Max' when I shut down so when I remote start its comfortable after about 5 minutes or so.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
I think the most diffrence you will see is 60 degrees. If its 110 out 50 ish from vents is normal . 120 with 60 deg diffrence is +50ish. Yesterday Truck took about 30 min to get to 50ish. Im driving my other truck to phoenix today i will check that one should hit 121 between phx and casa . Arizona like the winter up north stay inside. At least i dont have to shovel sunshine.

Last edited:

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try turning the fan speed down. That has worked for me on other vehicles. The high fan speed seems to not let the air get cold enough when in high heat.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Welcome to Phoenix my friend. When i lived there my AC just couldn't hang with the 120+ temps as far as AC went. It's normal when you live on the surface of the sun.

EnrWs9g.png