Buying used 2017 Raptor sight unseen - Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slaughterhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a fully loaded used 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew with 12k miles. The price is decent. However, the truck is 2,000 miles away. I would have it shipped to me. Any advice? Would you stay away from a truck sight unseen? The truck is for sale at a dealership.

Thanks,

Cameron

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a gambling man I wouldn't buy something sight unseen.

Maybe offer to have him take it to a local dealership and pay for a visual inspection, etc. for a peace of mind?

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a oasis report from the service department ,preferably not from the selling dealer . If it is clean then shouldn't be a issue. Maybe somebody on here has connections and you can give them the Vin Number

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
^^^^

THIS!

We have had people buy trucks that experienced issues within the mileage that would have happened on a test drive. Or missed obvious paint issues, and other, sometimes major issues that would have been caught in a thorough going over.

It’s your money and time, and if you can easily afford a Raptor and just don’t care because you have money to burn, go for it.

You should consider whether or not you can afford to go through all of this to find out you regret the decision, because that is a possibility. Sure, you could have scored an awesome deal, or you could be dealing with an underhanded, dishonest salesman.

One guy on here got burned with purchasing from a dealer that certified pre-owned Fords, but the truck wasn’t a certified pre-owned truck and ended up having to eat a repair.

Heck, if you’ll buy a Rap sight unseen, plenty of people on here will step up and you stand a better chance with unknown internet hucksters than used car salesman and saleswomen at a stealership.

Go eyes on / hands on, or don’t go.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
Get a oasis report from the service department ,preferably not from the selling dealer . If it is clean then shouldn't be a issue. Maybe somebody on here has connections and you can give them the Vin Number

100% correct with that. Get the Oasis to verify it wasn't one of the Lemon Law'ed / buy-backs. Purchasing sight unseen is a risk, but if the deal is ok and you have fluff in it for any corrections, then go for it.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a fully loaded used 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew with 12k miles. The price is decent. However, the truck is 2,000 miles away. I would have it shipped to me. Any advice? Would you stay away from a truck sight unseen? The truck is for sale at a dealership.

Thanks,

Cameron

If the deal is good enough that you would consider that kind of risk, then somebody much closer to him would have bought it already. Something just doesn't seem right.