Bulb rrplacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carholic

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2018 Raptor with the 802a package. Does it have LED headlights? I am wondering it I can buy brighter bulbs to replace the factory ones which I find too dim to light up the street. I found these Super Nova III in-line.

Any comments or advise?

Thanks

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
You already have LED headlights. They are standard on the Raptor in general.
What are you finding wrong with the output? Post pictures. I would be very surprised if there was a performance issue. These are the best lights you can get.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your one of those guys I pass going down the road at nite and say G-damn does he think his lights are bright enough as I struggle to see if I'm still on the road or not.. haha. Just adjust bud cause mine are super bright. I love the auto bright - dim thing-a-ma-jig too

OP
OP
C

carholic

Reaction score
HIgn beams are fine. Its the low beans that do not light up the road as well as a sports car or an SUV. Maybe because the Raptor is higher and therefore the headlights are farther from the road surface?

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am another who agrees the stock LEDs are a little disappointing. Within 75 feet the light output is solid, but sharply drops off for throw. High beams pick up the slack decently. The lack of peripheral lighting is the real disappointment for me. One thing I really miss about my 14 were the HIDs.

Hopefully will add a few cubes on the bumper to help offset this

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I am another who agrees the stock LEDs are a little disappointing. Within 75 feet the light output is solid, but sharply drops off for throw. High beams pick up the slack decently. The lack of peripheral lighting is the real disappointment for me. One thing I really miss about my 14 were the HIDs.

Hopefully will add a few cubes on the bumper to help offset this

I would disagree with this. I have the factory HIDs in my 13 and really disappointed with the light they put out. I don’t like the HID in general as they are not very durable. You can’t just flick between high and light w beam at will.... that will destroy them. I also don’t use the ‘auto’ mode.