GEN 2 Build Date To Look Out For?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AGBoston

Reaction score
Are there particular build dates to look out for? "Ramp59" builds for example. Seeing a fair share of posts on issues 2nd half of May. Oil leaks (pan replacement, transmission problems, engine shutter (ppl not using premium octane most likely), harness melts on exhaust.

I am staying positive, 1st year issues are frequent. As many people have pointed out, you post on a forum for an issue looking for insight. If people posted about what they like, it would far outweigh obv. So you only see the bad here for the most part along with upgrade questions and advice.

Original question, build date that we are finding has attracted more issues than others? I am still waiting on my 2-28 build to take delivery (title bs).

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I've only ever had 87 in my truck and have had zero issues just rolled 4K march build. I'll be kicking up to 91 since the triple digit temps are here now. To answer your question no there's no consistency or rhyme or reason. There's guys with builds before and after mine with issues. Just the luck of the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I'm hoping mine will be built with no problems. It was my dealers last 17' allocation. Build date is June 12th. Still curious what percentage of 17's are having any of the serious issues you mentioned above

OP
OP
A

AGBoston

Reaction score
I'm hoping mine will be built with no problems. It was my dealers last 17' allocation. Build date is June 12th. Still curious what percentage of 17's are having any of the serious issues you mentioned above

You would be the safest i would imagine, wish I had your date as opposed to 2-28 haha. But as previous member mentioned, luck of the draw.

I am extremely patient and hoping for the best at the moment. As it is i have gotten a 5 week runaround on title. If I get idiot lights on dash after the leaving the lot, god help the dealership.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there particular build dates to look out for? "Ramp59" builds for example. Seeing a fair share of posts on issues 2nd half of May. Oil leaks (pan replacement, transmission problems, engine shutter (ppl not using premium octane most likely), harness melts on exhaust.

I am staying positive, 1st year issues are frequent. As many people have pointed out, you post on a forum for an issue looking for insight. If people posted about what they like, it would far outweigh obv. So you only see the bad here for the most part along with upgrade questions and advice.

Original question, build date that we are finding has attracted more issues than others? I am still waiting on my 2-28 build to take delivery (title bs).

My truck was built 11/07 and sat on ramp 59 for 7 weeks before being shipped. It now has 6k miles and hasn't had any issues. I'm also happy with the fit, finish and paint.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not matter what it seems like there are simply 'Friday/Monday' builds in every production line...

Can someone explain the Ramp 59 issues? Heard about them but only the complaints and not the actual issue or even what Ramp 59 is exactly.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not matter what it seems like there are simply 'Friday/Monday' builds in every production line...

Can someone explain the Ramp 59 issues? Heard about them but only the complaints and not the actual issue or even what Ramp 59 is exactly.

Ramp 59 (as stated on the window sticker)was the mysterious holding area for some early initial builds. After being built trucks sat on 59 for weeks or months for some debatable quality issue. Once released some had additional mileage/quality documentation that came with the truck. There has been some debate but know one really knows what caused the holdup or any official explanation from Ford.

The frustration mounted when later builds were already being delivered yet some guys had their trucks still siting on 59.

Long story short there is no proof that they are of any less quality. They eventually got delivered.

In regards to the original topic, everything in manufacturing has a failure rate. Assuming quality standards are the same its really luck of the draw in my opinion.