BoxLink Cleats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have your BoxLink Cleat keys?

I just realized I should have gotten silver keys (2 of them?) for the BoxLink Cleats from the dealer when I got my Raptor.

They didn't give them to me and they weren't on the key ring with the fob and 1 key.

I've emailed the dealer - wonder if they'll know where they are. They can't all be keyed alike. Can they?

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...picHRef=G1767819&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=True

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have your BoxLink Cleat keys?

I just realized I should have gotten silver keys (2 of them?) for the BoxLink Cleats from the dealer when I got my Raptor.

They didn't give them to me and they weren't on the key ring with the fob and 1 key.

I've emailed the dealer - wonder if they'll know where they are. They can't all be keyed alike. Can they?

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...picHRef=G1767819&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=True

Yes I have mine. Took me 5 mins to figure out what those two extra keys were for.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think they'd all be keyed alike, but I've been wrong before.

As for the keys, have you checked the owner's manual (there are sometimes some pockets in the vinyl cover that get used for stuff like this)?

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the cleats were installed by your dealer to the box link. Mine were all in a plastic wrapped package with two keys included.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cleats come from the factory in a shrink wrapped package that includes the 4 cleats and 2 keys. If they were installed the dealer did it. Yes the 4 cleats are keyed the same.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add that the initial install of those box cleats are a pain if they weren't installed by the dealer. The plastic hooks are slightly oversized and require a ton of force to get them in the boxlink the first time.

I thought I was somehow installing them wrong and even resorted to a YouTube video showing a Ford rep installing it with one hand and a slight pull.

Still have a problem with the drivers side front cleat where the locking mechanism won't engage.

Bottom line have the dealer do the initial install and make sure they give you a set of keys.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an FYI the base plate for the cleats that is attached to the body will allow you to latch an e-track cleat into.

Truck-in-Muck

Reaction score
Forgot to add that the initial install of those box cleats are a pain if they weren't installed by the dealer. The plastic hooks are slightly oversized and require a ton of force to get them in the boxlink the first time.

I used a rubber mallet so the install was super easy.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I forget who, but someone posted that all the keys are the same. Wouldn't hurt to try that out first and see if another key works.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a rubber mallet so the install was super easy.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I forget who, but someone posted that all the keys are the same. Wouldn't hurt to try that out first and see if another key works.

They are keyed alike for the 4 on the truck, not keyed alike from truck to truck.