Blue Screw Arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PW2006

Reaction score
So after a long wait, the truck finally arrived. My dealer called me yesterday to tell me he had good news and bad news. The good news is the Raptor arrived and the bad news is there was some damage during transportation. So here are my initial thoughts:

1) Transportation Damage:
There were some scratches and light damage on the passenger side. They ordered a new rear fender flare and a new front bumper. The flare had scratches, along with some light scratches on the rear fender. The front bumper on the passenger side had a deep scratch and it was pushed in about 1/2 inch. They ordered a new bumper and rear flare and will take care of the light scratches once the parts come in. There were a couple other light scratches that they will take care of at the same time.

2) Insufficient paint coverage. When you open the doors and look at the bottom of the cab, you can see where the paint gets thin, especially the top end of creases. They will be repainting this area.

3) light water marks- even though the dealer washed and waxed the truck, when I brought it home I wiped it down with my detailing spray. I could see water marks on the hood, upper fenders and on the windows. A clay bar will take care of this, but I am making the dealer take care of this.

4) Moisture in a couple rear LED housings. Not a big issue, but something I noticed.

5) The Key System was set up for transportation/valet. Stereo would not go above 14 (about a 1/4 of full volume) and you can't change driving modes. Took us a few minutes to figure that out, once we reset the key system, everything worked great.

6) I will wipe down the under side of the car, they didn't do a great job prepping the vehicle. No biggie, I can do it.

Now onto the fun stuff.

7) Stereo- I thought the 802A system would suck, I actually kinda like it after tuning it.

8) Seats are comfortable and supportive. However, I noticed that my wallet left an indentation in the seat that was there for an hour after the drive. I don't carry a big wallet, so I'll keep an eye on the seats.

9) Turning radius- Coming from a few luxury and sports cars, I will have to get used to tight turns in the beast.

10) Transmission- I put about 50 miles on it today. Some freeway, some street. I used sport mode and eco, the transmission shifted fine. I did not notice any hunting.

11) Tracking on the highway- It drives great and straight.

12) Power- The truck gets up and moves. But it is not overwhelming. My other cars are pretty powerful and light, so my comparison is a bit skewed. With that said, it is a fun truck to drive. What I found weird is that it had a lot of power, but it doesn't really sound like it. The V-6 sound doesn't really bother me.

13) Auto Stop/Start- This is the first vehicle that I owned that has this feature. It doesn't really bother me and it is just a touch of a button to turn it off. No biggie for me.

14) Cabin noise- There isn't much. This truck is about as quiet as my Mercedes, except when you jump on the gas.

I had several people do double takes of the truck, it looks cool as hell. Now I just need to wait for the parts to come in and get all my little issues fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_5350.jpg
    IMG_5350.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 130

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Great color choice. Im a lttle biased on that one. Get her fixed up proper and then it'll be time to get it dirty. TRR is in May you know!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. That is my color, how do you like the color in person? I had initially ordered black, but changed to blue as I've had all black vehicles for over 10 years.

I really liked the blue in person.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have been falling into black vehicles since ’93. Let’s see.
ZX11, ZX14, ’97 SVT Mustang, 2001 Lightning, 2006 Outback XT and now the 2017 Raptor.

That blue reminds me of my oldest brother’s Mach 1 Mustang from when I was a kid. I was too young to appreciate it then, but I always remembered that blue and whenever I see pics of the blue Raptor that’s what I think of.

Did the dealer give you an eta on how long the repairs would take?

OP
OP
P

PW2006

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. That is my color, how do you like the color in person? I had initially ordered black, but changed to blue as I've had all black vehicles for over 10 years.

I really liked the blue in person.

I love it, this blue really pops in the sun. Most of my vehicles have been darker shades of blue. I built my first car (71 Nova) when I was 13, and I painted it a similar shade of blue, but it never popped like this one.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I have been falling into black vehicles since ’93. Let’s see.
ZX11, ZX14, ’97 SVT Mustang, 2001 Lightning, 2006 Outback XT and now the 2017 Raptor.

That blue reminds me of my oldest brother’s Mach 1 Mustang from when I was a kid. I was too young to appreciate it then, but I always remembered that blue and whenever I see pics of the blue Raptor that’s what I think of.

Did the dealer give you an eta on how long the repairs would take?

The parts are on back order with no ETA as of last night. The dealer called Ford as soon as they received the truck to report the damage. They said Ford would expedite the parts, but as of yesterday, no ETA. I was tempted to leave the truck at the dealership until it was perfect. I'm glad I didn't. I was able to identify a couple other minor issues that they will take care of when the parts come in. Mostly the light paint coverage on the body at the bottom of the cab on the driver side (we noted the passenger side at the dealer), the moisture in a couple of the exterior LED housings and the hard water spots.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same color truck on order and I'm so jealous! Thanks for bringing up the key system, definitely going to check if I ever get a build date...