GEN 2 Blocked Air Inlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasDave

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when the hood is closed it blocks half of the Air Inlet to the filter?

Wet the rubber seal and close the hood then look at the wet mark on the hood when you open it. The dip on the hood covers over half the Inlet. I took my hood off and cut the area and frabicated a piece that opens the Inlet up 100%. Not fancy for now but works!

Just wondering if anyone else has realized this.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when the hood is closed it blocks half of the Air Inlet to the filter?

Wet the rubber seal and close the hood then look at the wet mark on the hood when you open it. The dip on the hood covers over half the Inlet. I took my hood off and cut the area and frabicated a piece that opens the Inlet up 100%. Not fancy for now but works!

Just wondering if anyone else has realized this.

Lol... this is a joke right. Maybe one of sasquachs new user names?

OP
OP
D

DallasDave

Reaction score
Sorry can’t figure how to download pictures. Did the Go Advance. Did choose file and pulled pic up but no idea how to get it to message board. Any hints?

Don’t have any idea of any hp gain. Just know more air in the better. Had the hood off to paint the Black stripe so did the mod and painted the underside with the truck bed coating.

OP
OP
D

DallasDave

Reaction score
Since I can’t figure out how to post pictures to that Forum. Posted pictures at another Forum.

https://www.************.com/threads/blocked-air-inlet.27908/

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry can’t figure how to download pictures. Did the Go Advance. Did choose file and pulled pic up but no idea how to get it to message board. Any hints?

Don’t have any idea of any hp gain. Just know more air in the better. Had the hood off to paint the Black stripe so did the mod and painted the underside with the truck bed coating.
after choose the file, click the upload button, wait a sec, click close window. back on original screen click post

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the point is that Ford engineered this properly to get all the air the engine needs to make its rated horsepower. If the air inlet was wide open, you'd be sucking in a lot of rain / snow and whatever else.